Diagnosed yesterday

hi, I was diagnosed yesterday as having cc, 

going in holiday for a week and come back and have 

my mri and find out on the 5 sept what stage it is, so worried, I have an ache in my left arm a what I think is my sciatica might not be, I can’t eat or sleep.

Any advice welcome x

Hi I'm sorry to hear. I hope you're okay as can be And are able to enjoy your holiday. 

I don't have any advice, I have my recall to hospital appt tomorrow and am nervous.. because I'm nervous I feel a lot of pain in my back and almost period pains- wonder if the not knowing bit is making your physical pain worse.. I know that defo happens to me. 

Horrible time, here for a chat. 

X

Hi,I haven’t even packed AKM and I am leaving early Friday morning. I do hope your appt goes well. x

It's a lot to think about though isn't it. Can I ask who told you? 

X

The consultant told me but couldn’t tell me what stage as I have to wait for MRI scan and few days later I will get the results, I am trying to carry on as normal but I Am having really bad anxiety at the moment x

Hi Smiley,

We have all been there and as hard as it is right now try to be as positive and relaxed as you can. I was diagnosed about 4 weeks ago and the waiting game was driving me crazy so I know exactly how you are feeling. Our mind tends to think the worst at the best of times. During this time I found that increasing my meditation time really helped as well as talking to other women who have been there and got through it. It's so important to hear about successful stories.

One advice I have for you is, when your mind starts to play tricks on you and take you to dark places, stop, take a deep breath and say to yourself "this is only a thought" and move on to doing an activity, engaging in conversation, or something to drive your thoughts somewhere else.. it really did help me. Also I found that surrounding myself with positive people really helped. I only told about my diagnosis to the ones I knew would give me the positive energy I need right now. Stay away from anxious people. It is not what you need right now and I speak from experience as my mom can be a walking anxiety machine at times and I can't handle it. 

Go away for your holiday, take one day at a time, enjoy and have fun. There is nothing else you can do in the mean time to speed up the process unfortunately. Did the consultant tell you what the biopsy results say? The doctor who gave me the news was not very good at it. She could have told me that my tumor was low grade (slow growth) but the way she made it sound was a lot worse and it is not really a good way to handle it. In saying that, they do need the MRI to be able to say with confidence what stage it is. I did MRI and PET scan to determine if it had spread anywhere else or if it was contained in the cervix only. Now I am waiting to have my CT scan done so that they can plan my rad and chemo treatment.

Be positive. Remember body and mind healthy. We will all get through this! Keep us posted on how you are doing xx

Hi Ladybug

thank you for your reply and positive thoughts.

the consultant just told me it was cc and I was to have an MRI scan.

the doctor has given me something to take the edge of,  but you are right, your mind does play tricks.

good luck with everything x

You are very welcome Smiley. Let us know what your MRI says and remember to stay positive xx

Update ..... canver hasnt spread so diagnosed with stage 1b, having a radical hystorectomy on 24th September, no mention of an other treatment as yet. Feeling really positive now there is a plan in place.

Excellent news. IB highly treatable. Soon be gone for  good