Diagnosed yesterday stage 1.b.1

MRI - ask to go in feet first!! I would of had a panic attack if I didn’t! Luckily mine was a brand new Siemens machine so it looked like a pretty spaceship. 

They injected me in the top of my arm with something that slows your bowels down so they can get a clear picture. Said I might get a racing heart, blurry vision and dry mouth but it’d stop by the time I was out. I only got a dry mouth!

You get strapped in with huge board things on you that are the cameras.. I was anxious at that bit but only because I didn’t know what was coming next. 

Each scan is 3-6 minutes and after a while sounds like shitty techno music that never drops. One of them sounded like the grunting noise that Tim Allen does if anyone knows it?? That made me desperately want to laugh! 

1. Tell them you’re nervous

2. Demand to go in feet first 

3. Close your eyes 

4. Concentrate on your breathing 

The worst thing that can happen is you move and they have to start one of the scans again, meaning you’re in there for another 3-6 minutes

I had my results meeting today..

MRI clear, CT to triple check full body within next week, pre assessment 14th June, open surgery trachelectomy 18th June 

Morning Katie, 

A pretty spaceship with shitty techno music, this made me laugh reading this! I shall let you know if mine is the same!

I'm glad you now have a plan in place and know more, the waiting is the worst isn't it, I just want to get going!

I hope you're having a good morning 

Xx

Thanks Katie for the tips! I’ll see if I can spot the grunting techno lol

Ladies, 

I had a tonne of bleeding today and I called the nurse so to help ease my mind she said to come up to the ward as the Dr I have been seeing was on the ward today, 

He gave me another lletz and some anti biotics as possible infection :(

This has bought my mood so down, it hurts :(

Xx

Hey Natty.

I’m sorry to hear this! It just makes you panic and worry eh? Hoping it settles soon, I had a bleed about 10 days post LLETZ, got antibiotics but it settles after a couple of days but still bleed for another week or so.

Take care of yourself. You’re allowed to have low days.

I got a call late this afternoon to cancel my MRI tomorrow,the scanner is broken. This has oddly made me feel quite low, it’s outwith anyone’s control but it just prolongs the waiting!

Tomorrows another day and I’m hoping to feel a bit brighter and I hope you do too xxx

Hey Lotty, 

Yeah the nurse said what you said about the 10-14 day bleed after lletz but siad to just come up for ease of mind, next thing I'm having another lletz this time was so so painful :( I have antibiotics to take over the next 7 days.

Oh really I'd be feeling exactly like you do, it's the waiting isn't it, its the worst as you just want to get going and start whatever needs to be started don't you!

I've had such a low day today so I'm hoping tomorrow will be a more upbeat day :) even if I am waddling around lol

Xxx

Hoping you feel better tomorrow,another LLETZ sounds rotten. I’d feel the same as you,I know how low I felt when I went in with the bleed and had antibiotics never mind them doing another LLETZ!

Take care xxx

Act as entitled as I do. Ring up daily for scan dates, results etc. The voicemail I woke up to this morning might as well have said “your CT is now on Thursday your highness”. They’d booked it for a day before my surgery, so I called and said that’s ridiculous I need one within 3 days! 

I want to quit my job and move up north back to my mums but the treatment is so much quicker in London. 

Back to working from home tomorrow - I’ve only been a 9-5er for two years so I’m not used to being a grown up and pretending I’m fine in front of strangers... gonna attempt to go in on Friday! 

I intend to stalk them today while I’m there for my CT. I do understand that these things can’t be helped but it doesn’t help!

I’ve been working as usual and have only told a handful of people as I can’t cope with the “looks”, I know I sound a bit mental and almost in denial but I suppose it’s my way of coping. I have to say I’m not sure I’m coping that well at times and I am thinking of taking a bit of time off soon. I don’t seem to have any sort of tolerance at the mo. 

Have you had your surgery Katie? Good luck if not. 

Cx

Sbray, 

How are you getting on? 

N xxx

It’s on the 18th of June - they can’t do it sooner apparently as I’m still healing from NETZ... Don’t know why that matters if they are now whipping my whole cervix out! Think she’s timed it with my next period too who knows and that’s out of whack after NETZ anyway. 

Found a good cervical cancer Facebook group and a trachelectomy one someone’s just told me about which will be a god send. Apparently it’s got success stories on people who have gone on to have kids no reoccurrence etc. 

Asked my tech friend about an app she said we could make a jos trust slack group. I’m gonna look into it when I have a minute.

havent had time to even watch tv in a week it’s been 8 days of constant phone calls texts... who knew cancer had so much fucking admin 

Ha Indeed Katie!

Let me know how the group goes.

i survived my MRI today and CT scan yesterday. Your tips helped,they put me in feet first anyway so that was good. Very surreal experience but done.smile

Hi Natty,

Just seen your post ! Apologies for not replying to your previous message - I've been working constant nightshift so I don't know if it's new york or new year just now! lol!

That's great you have your MRI & CT's coming up, it always feels a bit better to have a plan of action.
I hope you're doing okay under the circumstances.

I'm unfortunately still waiting on my biopsy results! 3 weeks 1 day and counting.

You girls are so strong dealing with all of this!! Really hoping you all have a good outcome with regards to treatment plans. These forums are great, I've been lurking for a while whilst awaiting my own fate - it's amazing to see the support between strangers.

Take care guys, you're amazing!

B xx

Good luck for your biopsy results, I hope the fact it’s been over 3 weeks means they’re all fine. Mine were meant to take 3 weeks but were back in a week because they weren’t.

C x

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fightit/?ref=share

join this if you haven’t already! Pre cancerous cells welcome also! Xxxx

Hey Katie

I can’t seem to get that group on Facebook? I’m probably doing something daft xxx

Its called TTL - trachelectomy group, picture is blue butterflies! You have to answer two questions and then they approve you xx

Ladies, 

I need some advice, I know we're not doctors however.... 

Is there any point me carrying on on my pill? I've just had my 7 day break and meant to start taking again tomorrow, the fact I want nothing near my vajayay at the moment alongside not know results etc yet I just feel there is no point at this moment?

Thank you 

xx

I’m similar,I have an implant and I keep wondering what the point is! 

I did ask the consultant about it and they said just leave it. Although I am curious about when I’ll get this out?

I suppose it’s a personal decision for you. I don’t even want to contemplate sex at any point ever but that may change at some point. So I suppose you can always restart it after you know a plan or if you need to? 

C x

Hi natty, 

Like you had my seven day break and just thought what’s the point, as I assumed whatever the way forward my fertility would be affected. And I knew wouldn’t be having sex anytime soon so just came off it. Really weird as been on it for best part of 15 years! 

Have a chat with your nurse about it 

x