Diagnosed between CIN 1&2?

Hello everyone. Have been reading through threads on this forum and decided to create an account to address my situation. There are so many brave and compassionate women here so figured this is the best place to ask.

Had my pap in November that was abnormal and after colposcopy a week ago, doctor said results came back with CIN 1. However she suspected (and wasn't 100% sure) there was a cluster of CIN 2 cells that extended deeper into my cervix from the procedure that she couldn't see but the results came back questionable for those cells. She was pretty vague and didn't explain if the lab results were questionable or what she saw in the microscope was questionable.

Usually with some CIN 1&2 cases it is watch and wait but has anyone gotten a diagnosis where they said it was in between 1&2 or diagnosis wasn't exactly clear? She immediately recommended LEEP procedure though she also said CIN1&2 means it can be mild/nothing serious... I am confused with her direction?

A little about myself, I am 32, active 3 times weekly, clean bill of health with recent blood test results (can improve Vitamin D but that's it), primarily vegetarian but thinking about further adjusting diet so I can boost my immune system, never a smoker, never had children but planning to in 2-3 years time.

With myself now in my 30s I need to be more cautious because any procedure can affect future pregnancy down the road. LEEP doesn't necessarily sit well with me considering the stage my cells are in. I am more open to healing my immune system first before doing LEEP since I have read that CIN 1/2 have a pretty good regression rate with curing itself with a diligent lifestyle change in health and diet.

While I am in no way attempting to discredit our medical system, at the same time I feel like LEEP in my situation is the easy way out. If CIN 1/2 has a good chance of curing on its own I want to do my due dillegence of healing my immune system first and if that does not work, consider LEEP or further options.

Any insight or lessons learned is greatly appreciated on this. Thank you in advance!

Hey! I'm the same as you... I go to the gym 5 days a week, I eat very well, not a smoker and I have maybe one drink every 2-3 months. And my immune system still couldn't fight the HPV off! Blows my mind.

During my colposcopy, the DR said she believed from what she was seeing that I had CIN 1. However, the biopsy results actually came back with CIN 2. We discussed a 'wait and see' approach but since I was already done having kids (and quite frankly, I just wanted those bad cells OUT) we decided on a LEEP. The pathlogy results from the LEEP actually came back as CIN 3. Which is crazy and makes me so glad I decided to remove them!! 

I can't say what to do in your situation obviously as it's very different, but if you do decide to do a "wait and see" and try to heal on your way own, then I'd definitely make sure to get regular colposcopy's to make sure that you're keeping watchful eye on it. And while I understand that the LEEP may cause some complications down the road, the vast majority of women who have had a LEEP procedure go on to have healthy pregnancies and carry to full term. So, even if (worst case) you do need a LEEP, it's very likely that it will not cause any pregnancy issues. 

Good luck!! 

I'm in the same boat cin 1 and ecc biopsy cin 2. So I decided to watch and wait for 2 years and it is still there so I am going to do the Leep procedure in January. I'm 27 and want to have kids too which was the main reason I didn't want to. But my doctor said it's rarely effects issues in pregnancy