Persistent CIN 1 anyone else had this?

Hi,

I am currently on a yearly recall for smear tests because for the Last 3 years I have had abnormal smear results and referred to Colposcopy Each time. The results have come back each time as CIN 1 and HPV positive.

Been to colposcopy this week and awaiting my results whether it’s CIN 1 or not. The nurse said this time its persistent CIN1 and to await results but would consider treatment.

i have read that generally it goes after 2 years.

Has anyone else had this persistently And if so what are your thoughts? its worrying me that it may advance if I leave it. But also it’s not nice having colposcopy every year!!

Hi loopyb,

I wanted to comment as this sounds like the experience I have had. I was told I had CIN2 2 years ago and opted for conservative management, so have been going back for 6 monthly colposcopy and biopsies, in that time it has regressed to CIN1.

I have just recently attended my 2 year appointment and have been advised to get the lletz procedure as the Dr was of the opinion that if it was going to go away it would have in the 2 years I have been undergoing conservative management. 

I’m just going to have the treatment done in the hope I then don’t have to go back :) 

Thanks for replying Rachael. It’s interesting though that your body was fighting it to CIN1. Part of me thinks if I have treatment I will never ever know the strength of my immune system. Still awaiting my results but have bought folic acid and taking some vitamin supplements to try and help.

You’re right and I did mention it to the doctor but she said since they haven’t been offering conservative management for a very long time, there are no studies to prove it can go on to regress after 2 years (But I guess there is nothing to prove it wont!).

I told myself I was going to have the Lletz and am booked in for it next week but am now seriously considering continuing with the 6 monthly biopsies. I just don’t know what to do. 

I did take Vitimin C and Zinc supplements when I was first told I had CIN2, as advised by my GP, so they’re definitely worth a shot :)