Describing Your Back Pain

Hi everyone.

I’ve looked around this forum for people describing their back pain and not found much information.

My fiancée had her colposcopy 2 weeks ago and was told that the cells “look cancerous”.

They took 3 biopsies and she has to go to the hospital in 2 weeks for a follow up. We’re worried sick as you can imagine.

She’s had really bad back pain in the last 2 weeks following her colposcopy. It seems to be at its worst when in bed and she’s in a lot of pain when trying to get up in the morning.

Just wondering what other people’s back pain was like? Was it constant? Intermittent? Worse at certain times of the day? Etc

Thanks in advance

Hi JD85

Wanted to reach out as I am in the same position as your fiancé. I had my colonoscopy and was put under GA for LLETZ / LEEP. Now waiting for the results.

Feels anything from a dull ache to really painful if I am worrying so much and not exercising.

Have you let the colposcopy unit know about the back pain? I had pain and bleeding following my biopsies as I ended up with an infection as well. If you haven’t and you’re in the UK call 111 and ask, they will be able to get you an urgent prescription if needed x

Hi.

I had a similar issue folliwing my colposcopy. Low back ache, terrible in the morning but eased up a little once i could moving. Walking or standing too much made it worse. I felt unwell, but just put it down to stress.

Turned out it was infection and it wasn’t found until a couple of months later when i had a hysterectomy. That turned a three hour operation into a six hour one.

I think its definitely worth contacting the hospital, or your GP (mine were rubbish though!). I hope your fiancé gets some good help znd support. X

1 Like