Contraception

Hello

This may sound like a really silly question but I can’t find any answers…

Before I was diagnosed with CC I was taking the mini pill for contraception. I stopped taking this in January when I was diagnosed.

All my treatment has finished and I am not taking any contraception. I haven’t had a period through my treatment but I don’t have any menopausal symptoms as of yet.

I want to resume a normal sex life with my husband but I don’t know what I need to do contraception wise.

If anyone can help that would be great

Thanks

Laura x

Hi. I don't think you will need anything at all Hon! I'm sure the radio inactivates the ovaries and makes the uterus lining unable to accept a pregnancy xxx

Hi Lozley, 

I finished treatment 18th April, we used condoms as normal the first few times after treatmment but then haven't used any contraception the last few times. I'm a bit scared of getting pregnant cause I don't think I have any mensopausal symptoms Yet. But I haven't had a period since the start of treatment so I'm probably worried about nothing! 

Georgie :)

Thanks for the reply,

How are you managing sexual relationship wise, twied twice and it was a shambles, had some wine thinking it will be fine and tried again and it was worse!!!

Fine, back to post baby normal. we were pretty cautious the first couple of times but we are fine now. 

Im a bit of a strange one tho we had sex two weeks after i had my baby and thoughout treatment until brachytherapy. 

Check you out. That's great!!