Confused... would love to hear your opinion

Hi girls,

I’m new to this site. Would really appreciate your opinions as I’m very confused!

I’ve never had an abnormal Pap smear. My last one was about five years ago and it was normal.

So I just gave birth to my son in October and it was recommended that I have a pap smear 6 weeks after. During my pregnancy I felt like I had a urine infection twice but it came back clear, other than that his labour was not complicated. I held off on the pap until December. It came back at hpv 18 present and possible high grade CIN3.

I had an appointment with the gyno he said that my cervix is spotless! So I was hopeful. He took a biopsy in case. It came back as CIN3, the word carcinoma was in the report but the gyno assured me they haven’t found cancer ??? And also CGIN. I’m concerned it’s cancer…

He took another two biopsies and said I’d have a loop next week. He seemed confused with the results and had another gynaecologist look, because he said for the results it’s unusual not to see anything. He also did a repeat pap that was negative.

I’m so scared… I just had a baby boy!

Maybe unrelated but I’ve been back and forth to the doctor with swollen lymph nodes, hard lumps on my collarbone and along my rib bone. Ultrasound confirmed it was just fatty tissue.

I’m looking at symptoms from my pregnancy and thinking it’s related. Lower back pain, full ache on my right side and tailbone pain from delivery.

Additionally I recently have a live blood test and they said my body is definitely fighting something, that I have a lot of inflammation in my blood… so I’m panicking that it’s already spreading. I’m losing my mind!!

I suppose I don’t really have a question… I’m just looking for some reassurance… has someone had anything similar with a good outcome?

Anyone?? cry

Hi

I haven't had a similar situation to you and hopefully someone who has will come along, but in the meantime these are my thoughts.

So, it seems you have microscopic cell abnormalities that have not manifested as visible changes in the appearance of your cervix; this explains why the doctor described your cervix as spotless. It's good that you had a thorough gyno who took a biospy, just in case.

From what I've read and understand 'CIN3' is used inter-changeably with the term 'carcinoma-in-situ' (cis) which is also referred to as 'stage 0 cancer'.  It's something I've always found a bit vague and confusing.  Either way, as things stand at the moment you don't have anything invasive going on which is sort of good news really. The treatment for CIN3/cis is the same. 

I'm not sure how CGIN (as opposed to CIN) affects your possible outcomes.  You will get more information when the tissue, removed with the loop, has been investigated; hopefully this will help resolve your, so far, confusing results.

You are in a difficult phase, at the moment, waiting for tests and then results.  It's notorious for playing havoc with the imagination; fear of the unknown etc.  Keeping busy is one way of coping with it.

Do you know what your HPV status was, 5 years ago?

Take care

x

Thanks so much for replying. I feel very alone at the moment. From what I was told by my doctor, I would never have been screened for hpv in pap smears in the past. I'm not sure if this is true? I just found the blood results from one year ago when I found out I was pregnant with my son and it said hpv had been present in my system but was negative for being "active" - so she must have missed this when I asked. 

My mind is absolutely reeling with horrible outcomes. Last night I couldn't sleep trying to work out why my blood has so much inflammation and stressing that it's related and how to fix it. 

Thanks so much for replying. I feel very alone at the moment. From what I was told by my doctor, I would never have been screened for hpv in pap smears in the past. I'm not sure if this is true? I just found the blood results from one year ago when I found out I was pregnant with my son and it said hpv had been present in my system but was negative for being "active" - so she must have missed this when I asked. 

My mind is absolutely reeling with horrible outcomes. Last night I couldn't sleep trying to work out why my blood has so much inflammation and I observing if it's related and how to fix it. 

Hi I was same as u had a baby and was nearly a year late getting smear I had high grade cin 3 and cgin and hpv 16 an 18 and my bloods showed high white cell count so i was really freaked out I am still seeing a doctor for this nearly 2 years later they can't figure out why my blood count so high means I'm fighting summit but I'm fit n well  cgin  means it's in ure glands my first op was letz 12 weeks later I had top hat done an got clear margins so try not to panic yet it's great you had 2 doctors look at ure results an hopefully you will get clear margins from ure op I hope this helps you relax a little I kn wen I found out my mind was in over drive xx