Confused - Low Grade Dyskaryosis to CIN3 within 8 weeks?

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is ok.

So 3 years ago I had a smear, and they spotted borderline changes and high risk HPV strain. I was sent for a colposcopy and the lady said she couldn't see anything. She used the speculum and microscope thingy but did not do a biopsy. Just said there was nothing visible to the eye so it must be very minor changes and not to worry. I was sent away for my next 3 year smear. 

That 3 year smear came, this February and again, high risk HPV strain and low grade dyskaryosis. I thought it was still the same, probably go for a colposcopy and be told similar.

My colposcopy was in April last month. The lady said she could see some cell changes so did a biopsy and took about 4 snips of cells from my cervix.  A week ago the results came back as CIN3. 

I'm booked in for a leep treatment in 10 days for removal of the abnormal cells.

Questions...

How can a smear say I have low grade dyskaryosis which I believe is categorised as CIN 1, and then within 8 weeks I have CIN3?

when the biopsy is sent to be checked, and they found CIN3, would they know at that point if it was cancerous or might I find out at the leep treatment that its worse than they thought? 

Finally, in a leep treatment...does this clear up the high risk HPV strain or just the cells?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I don't want to talk to my mum or friends about it until I have been for my leep treatment as they will just stress me out even more and I cope better without all the pity and worry. I have told my husband and he is being very supportive but could do with some girl support on here. 

Thank you, Dawn xxx

Hi dawn 

hope you are ok. I had the same thing / diagnosed with hpv jan 2020, jan 2021 smear showed mild dyskaryosis, had a colposcopy which she thought she could only see mild changes but did 2 biopsy's and they've come back 2-3 so having lletz on Monday.

From what I've seen on other posts it is quite common for the biopsy to differ from the smear test result and from what they can see at the colposcopy. I suppose the main thing is we've been and they can remove the affected area. Great that your treatment is soon I hope it goes ok xxx

Good luck for Monday. Please let me know how you get on. I've got mine on Friday next week xxxxx

I'm just hoping that they say its CIN3 and no more. And then that they remove it all and my follow up checks show its all gone and looking loads better. 

Stay positive. Xxx

Keep in touch xxx

Thank you and you xx I'll let you know what they say - I was going to ask about the different results. At least we don't have long to wait xxx

Exactly xxx good luck ? kiss

Happened to me too ( see my footnote), although it looks as if it is cin2 on biopsy.

I think it's the biopsies they go off rather than colposcopy or smear. I was just hopeful that maybe it had looked milder for a reason and maybe the lletz won't have to be so extensive ? 

Fingers crossed for your treatment. Just keep ringing up to get a cancellation appointment. Mine was Tues 18th May, I kept ringing and all of a sudden they had half a day free on Friday 14th May which is great. 

Call them tomorrow. Let me know how you get on. Xxxxxxx

I have things at work kind of arranged for the 24th so it isn't too important, but I suppose it's good to get in ASAP. 
I umm wanted to meet my boyfriend at the weekend ..
They did definitely promise me a cancellation though, and it's on the letter as ' next few weeks', as well as 24th so I think they know 

I did ring and they said there were no cancellations at present.