Confused, frustrated biopsy results

Hiya

so I finally got my results for my biopsy which have come back completely clear however my smear was high grade severe and the gyne who took my biopsy's agreed with the smear results. 
So I've now got an MDT meeting in two weeks to discuss things further and investigate abit more. 

what does this all mean ? 
does this mean I can relax ?

Does it mean I definitely don't have cancer? 
or pre cancerous 

They also said it might mean il have to have another test or treatment anyway high confused been extremely anxious as I suffer with health anxiety. 

would love the advice

thank you 

Hi Millmam29,

I'm sorry I don't know what it might mean but I do know that if there is a descrepency in the results that it will automatically be referred to the MDT. It doesn't mean that there is anything terribly wrong, it just means that it needs to be looked at more carefully to make sure they haven't missed anything.

Good luck with it,

Xx

Thank you so much it's put my mind at ease a little xxx

I'm glad.

Let us know how it goes.

Xx

Hiya,

My results had to go to MDT as well but mine was the other way, only borderline in smear and biopsies showed CIN2 and CGIN. Still waiting on the MDT which is in weeks time for them to decide how they want to proceed.

My biopsy results letter was awful, I am not sure if you might have had the same thing? Along the lines of "your biopsy results do not match your smear test and will be discussed at MDT". No mention of the actual results.

I rang the hospital and a nurse called me back who was able to discuss my results with me and give me an idea of what would likely happen at MDT.

If you haven't already, I would suggest calling them. I don't know what area you are in or what they are like where you are but they have been very helpful and supportive at my local hospital and happy to answer any questions. I am sure they would be able to give you a clearer picture of what your results mean :)

I hope you get on okay, best wishes