Confused by wording in results letter - post follow up smear at hospital

Hi there!

I am wondering whether anyone can shed light on a somewhat confusing results letter I received today from the hospital. 

In October I had a colposcopy for removal of a cervical polyp, which was found to be (much to my relief!) a 'harmless polyp'. 

Early in February I had a follow-up smear at the same clinic in the hospital.  Today I received a letter with the following wording:

"Following your recent visit to the Colposcopy clinic, I am pleased to inform you that everything appears to be normal and you do not need to be seen in clinic again.

I would be grateful if you would see your GP for your routine cervical screening."

I am wondering why I have been advised to see my GP after a recent normal smear test for another one?!  I am going to phone the hospital tomorrow, but in the meantime I am having a bit of a panic....

Any ideas anyone?  Thanks!

Hi mushroomz me reading that just sounds like they want you just to attend your routine smear when it's due again i could be wrong but that's how it comes across to me but for your piece of mind i would phone the hospital tomorrow x