Confused and Need Help Understanding Results

Thank to everyone for sharing your experiences and support. I am really confused with my results. I had an abnormal pap (HSIL which is CIN 3) in September). Had a colposcopy done a couple fo weeks ago, the poly was removed and confirmed as HSIL. During the colposcopy I had a repeat pap smear, endometrial biopsy (negative), cervical and endometrial curretage. My curettes and biopsy were benign but my pap smear has come back LSIL? I am confused. I have no idea what to think. I too am tired of going through the abnormal changes over and over. I’m 49 years old and honestly at this point I’d feel more comfortable just having a hysterectomy.

This is my third go round with abnormal smears and the first time I had carcinoma in situ (20 years ago). Has anyone else had a situation where they had HSIL (in Canada that is the equivalent to CIN 3), had a polyp that was HSIL removed, then subsequently had a smear three months later that showed LSIL (CIN 1-2)?

Sending my support to all of you!

I think you need to contact your team or your GP (if you can get hold of them - not easy I know) and ask for these results to be explained to you, in plain terms a non-medical person can understand, so that you will know where you are. Personally, when something is cancer related, I think people should be ashamed of themselves for not explaining to the patient what is going on. I hope you can get some answers and that it is reassuring. X

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reply and support. I’ll try to get this explained to me better.