Colposcopy- unable to do LLETZ

Hi, I have severe dyskaryosis and hpv positive. Had my colposcopy yesterday and the nurse was unable to do any treatment (LLETZ) as the abnormal cells seem to be in a weird place. It's hard to explain but the best I can think of is that they go round a curve but are also in the 'typical' place. I've been referred to a consultant to see if he can do the LLETZ. Also no biopsy was taken. I've tried looking up inform about it but can't seem to find anything online so was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar? Obviously it's only after you've had the appointment that you think of asking more detailed questions. TIA.

Hi - I had a similar experience last November. Like you, I was very worried.  I was told that the abnormal area was difficult to get to and my case was referred to the monthly MDT meeting to discuss the ‘next steps’. I heard nothing until the end of January when I received a letter with an appointment for Lletz (again). When I turned up for the appointment, the nurse practitioner explained that the MDT had confirmed the cells were high risk and advised they should be removed. This time, the procedure went very well  - I still don’t understand why she couldn’t do it the first time! Hang in there - it’s so frustrating and worrying but you are not alone! I’m now anxiously waiting for my results which, I’m told, will be another six weeks! 

Hiya

I think cells at the edge of the cervix, near the vagina are trickier to remove as there's a risk of nicking the vagina and causing a bleed. Cells on the "nose" of the cervix are simpler to remove as they just kind of scoop them off.

They may offer you the lletz under GA, which I actually think is a much better outcome as they can poke you and prod you and you're none the wiser!

I hope you find out soon

xx