Colposcopy Results

Hello,

I am just looking for some advice!

I went for my first smear test at the beginning of October and it came back with CIN3. I was booked in for a coloscopy mid-Oct and when I went the consultant could not see on abnormal cell. She seemed very confused and said that she didn’t want to do treatment if she couldn’t see anything as it’s can affect carrying babies full term etc. She said she was taking my case to their department meeting on 9th November. I have now received a letter asking me to go back at the end of November.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I am so worried now. She did say that there definitely wasn’t anything nasty up there but I can’t help but worry. I have an 18 month son and this makes me worry more. Any suggestions why I would need to return?

TIA

Gem x

Hi! i know it's easy to say but try not to worry. the colposcopists are very experienced and use their visual diagnosis as much as a clinical one. I work in healthcare and have attended multidisciplinary meetings where they discuss cases with other professionals. it may be that other healthcare professionals disagreed with her choice not to do the treatment and therefore they may want you back for another look. you should definitely ring and have a chat. I've found them to be very happy to chat to me if I have any questions and at least you could get it all right in your mind before anymore procedures.

good luck, im sure you will be fine. stay positive  xx