colposcopy results and sexual life afterwards

Hi everyone,
I have been reading this forum for the past few months, since my smear results started to be ‘inconclusive’. I decided to join you all here hoping you can help me answer some of my questions.
I am 29 and in 2015 I had my first ‘inconclusive’ smear result. I went back in 6 months time and it was the same. They did an ultrasound and said everything was ok, but should come back in 6 months. So I did and they also tested me for HPV which came back as positive (mild).
I had my colposcopy with biopsy 4 weeks ago and have yesterday received the result, low grade abnormalities (cin1) and the next smear test in 12 months.
I read that 12 months is normal so I’ve made my peace with that. However, I have some other questions regarding my life in these 12 months.

• the colposcopy result did not mention HPV, what would that mean? I presume the virus is still inside me, I am trying to inprove my immune system and hopefully can fight this virus.
  • As I’ve had HPV for a while, I assume my husband also has it? (either I got it from him originally or he got it from me) I am worried about having sex these 12 months, as the way I see it, having sex would make it impossible for the virus to leave my body as it would keep coming back from my husband… is that the case?
  • the last smear, before being referred to colposcopy, was end of October, and I have been afraid to have sex at all. Should I wait with it some more and try and get a smear test in a few months time?

Thank you so much for reading through my post and thank you in advance for your replies, I am really concerned…
thank you!!

hi,

when i researched HPV it seemed most types your body fights on its own, maybe use condoms in that year and speak to your gp?

x

Hi Abbie,

thank you!! And i hope you receive your results soon.. and that they are good! X