Colposcopy and Biopsy

Hello everyone

I am new to this, the nurse at the hospital recommended this site to me.

I had my first smear 3 weeks ago, within 3 days i had my results back. I was HPV positive and had severe dyskaryosis. My anxiety really kicked in as the results sound terrifying, i didnt know what these results meant. 

The hospital booked me for a colposcopy and biopsy if needed, the days leading up to my appointment were full of panic, i didnt know what to expect. Appointment day. I never handle these situations well, i was terrified, i expressed my feelings to the nurses and they were all absaloutely amazing. One nurse even held my hand, i did end up having a biopsy but it wasnt half as bad as i thought i think this was more to do with how amazing the nurses were. Now i have to wait 3-6 weeks for my results.

I am here if anyone would like to ask me any questions or even someone to talk to, i know this can be very worrying, but by the looks of it there is some amazing women out there that make these experiences that little bit easier for us. 

I also think its very important to stress how important having a smear is.

Hi Zoe95

I felt the same as you when i went for my appointment. I suffer terribly with anxiety and to have to go to an appointment on my own (wouldn't allow anyone with me because of the pandemic) was really difficult for me but i knew the importance of getting it done. 

This was my second colopscopy where again they took biopsies. It took 6 weeks for my results to come back which I actually recieved today. I need further treatment as they came back CIN3. I agree with you also on how lovely the nurses are. A doctor performed my biopsies and I had two nurses either side of me trying to distract me by talking about various things. They could see how anxious I was. 

I hope your not kept waiting too long for your results. Sending you best wishes x

Hello

I wasnt allowed anyone either. Would be nice to have some one there with you. I got my results back and they were CIN3 like yourself. Have you had the treatement yet?.I went in for mine but i was terrified i asked to be put to sleep, but was advised to come back again and see if they can convince me to have it done with out being put to sleep.

Sending you best wishes, on your treatment x

My treatment is this Monday coming. Its been cancelled twice for various reasons so that's not helped my nerves. 

They are doing the Lletz procedure. Is that what you were going to have done? 

Sorry to hear you had a difficult time at your appointment, it is such a worry but I have read many successful stories where people found the procedure to be ok so im staying positive and this time im taking my partner with me so im hoping my nerves wont be so bad.

Have they re booked you another appointment or are you definitely set on having the G.A?

Hope your well x

My treatment is this Monday coming. Its been cancelled twice for various reasons so that's not helped my nerves. 

They are doing the Lletz procedure. Is that what you were going to have done? 

Sorry to hear you had a difficult time at your appointment, it is such a worry but I have read many successful stories where people found the procedure to be ok so im staying positive and this time im taking my partner with me so im hoping my nerves wont be so bad.

Have they re booked you another appointment or are you definitely set on having the G.A?

Hope your well x