CIN3 found further into cervix

Hi all, 

I recently underwent a smear which highlighted abnormal cells. Following a colposcopy, Lletz and biopsy, I rang the hospital today to ask about the results and they confirmed that CIN 3 was present and that they found them further into the cervix, not just on the surface.

She told me one of three things would happen now, I would receive a letter inviting me to a meeting, they would perform the LLetz again to take more out or nothing further until my next smear.

Feeling a little confused as the options seem pretty wide-spread. Surely it would be better to ensure that the cells are taken out? Not sure why nothing would be done for another 6 months.

I know I am being impatient and should just wait for my letter to arrive but wondering if anyone else had been told the CIN3 was found further into the cervix and if so what treatment did you have?

Thanks in advance.

I was told there was a possibility of CIN3 further into the cervix - they hadn't got the clear margins during the 1st Lletz so I was supposed to have a 2nd Lletz and camera but it seemed to all change during the procedure and I ended up having a cone biopsy (unfortunately they still haven't got the clear margins!).  

It's such an anxious and confusing time having to wait but I really hope you get your appointment through soon - they should explain the results more fully and all the options available during the meeting. 

Fingers crossed for you.

Take care.