cin 3- 5 weeks waiting time for lletz with LA

Hello ladies,

Need some advise and support.

On Friday 8/12 I had a letter from colcoscopy clinic. Instead of the results after my cervix biopsy, there`s just information that after my colcoscopy an abnormal cells have been found and I will need lletz treatment. There was no explanation of my results at all.I rang colcoscopy receptionist and she said yes its CIN1 CIN 2 and CIN 3 so high risk. What is even more stressing is that my lletz is booked for after christmas- 9/12/2018. 

Does any one of you ladies was waiting for so long for the treatment with LA with CIN 3?

Hi Carly

Sorry to hear you have to wait so long for your lletz treatment.  I had mine yesterday.  I had an abnormal smear with borderline changes + HPV back in November.  I had colposcopy & biopsy on 29th Nov and it came back with CN3 which was quite shock.  I was really worried but found lots of the threads on this forum helped to calm me down.  The treatment yesterday was not half as bad as I had imagined.  Was in and out in 15 mins all sorted with no pain at all.  I was more embarassed and upset about been on my period.  The nurses were so lovely though.  Hopefully get the all clear within four weeks.  Stay strong and the waiting is worse than the procedure trust me.  I find the dentist a lot worse than what I had done yesterday.  

Hi Carly,

Im sorry to hear your in this 'whirlwind'. Christmas of 2018? That does seem very far away :S perhaps you could make some calls or get on some cancellation lists? This is my first post about my experience so far - I know how helpful its been for me to read other peoples experiences - so I will share my experience so far:

I had an abnormal pap sept 17 HSIL with possible glandular dysplasia. My pap a year before (Had it while I was pregnant) was normal. I was scheduled for a colposcopy for end of november 17 - I was a complete wreck - called clinics everywhere to get in earlier and was a general mess.

I ended up going for a colposcopy beginning of november 2017 - I had watched some procedures on youtube to get an idea of what to expect - was very reassuring that I could watch while he took two biopsies - one from the surface and one from up into the OS. And I watched the affected area react to the vinegar solution - my area that was visible was very small located right on the edge of the os from 5-7 oclock. This concerned me as I wondered how far up into the cervix it extended - the Dr said that he could see the whole affected area which was just that little line, but he took the endo cervical biopsy as well. For anyone nervous about the colposcopy - I had no pain, in fact it was more comfortable than some pap smears Ive had. I did take some ibuprofen a couple hours before my appointment, and had a small amount of cramping will he took the deeper sample. He inserted a tampon with an instrument before I left. Had very little bleeding, and some sand like discharge from the stuff they slap on after the biopsy. 

Result of colposcopy: CIN3, from both biopsy areas - no glandular involvment. However the lab report indicated that the os sample may have been too small which was not reassuring plus when the biopsy was done I was ovulating. Therefore there was a lot of clear mucous and he struggled to get around it for the biopsy. I should mention that my biopsy was sent out for a second opinion. It only stated CIN3 with no metastisis. Did not clarify specifis cell morphology in the sample.

Got a call for my LEEP before I got my biopsy results - had it 2 days ago on december 12 2017. Again I was permitted to watch the procedure on the monitor - some people may not find that reassuring but I do. They used a local to numb the area, it had some epinephrine in it which makes you a bit shakey and your heart race for a minute or two, then he asked if I was planning to have more children - which I am not, tho I am very attached to my 'bits.' I had done TOO much research before I went in - because thats what so many of us do! So I was aware that where I live, in Canada, CIN3 is recommended to be removed with an 8-10mm loop, he used a 10-15mm loop based on my response to the baby question and I suspect because he was nervous about how far up the cervix there are changes. He removed the area with one pass - which made me happy. It felt warm, but not painful and took less than 5 seconds. then he applied "the gravel" and some pressure to stop the bleeding. took a couple of minutes and then I was released :) Its been two days and really Im a little tender in the uterus like it had a work out and is tired, but thats it. No pain and a bit of crampiness but the procedure occurred on the last day of my period. Ive had very little bleeding and some "sand like" discharge just like before. Again I took some tylenol and ibuprofen before the procedure.

No results yet - but he stated they would be available by Christmas so within about 10 business days - here in Canada biopsy reports must be retrieved in person from your GP. 

Some of the things Ive wondered about other posters for your own curiosity: Im 37 years old and I have a 1year old and a 3 year old - no other pregnancies. Ive never smoked, nor taken oral contraceptives, nor had an STD, no history of vaginal warts, Im not immuno compromised, my mom never took DIS (I think thats what it called) for morning sickness, I was average for my first sexual experience, and an average number of sexual partners, no family history of cervical cancer, I did have an abnormal pap in 2012, but it was monitored and cleared.

I wish you all the best - I always work by "squeaky wheel gets the grease" so make a couple of calls if your nervous about the date, perhaps there is a logical reason - or perhaps a little 'squeak' is needed to get the ball rolling :) Im freaking out myself - imagining the worst of course, then denying the worst could even be possible having such a young family. Ill post the result when I hear back. All the best to you!

Hi Carly,

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I got a letter through the post Thursday saying my biopsy revealed I have cin3.  I'm also not booked in till after Xmas on the 10th of Jan. I'm absolutely petrified. I've had continuous issues since having my son 2 years ago. I was actually referred to colposcopy a year ago and when I got there the guy said I didn't need it. I'm so angry I was fobbed off and now a year later I have cin3. Xx