Waiting time for lletz cin3

Hi i hope you are all as good as can be expected I'm kind of new here I had a smear in 2016 that showed some low grade changes and wasn't due another smear until next April 2019 but have had alot of lower back and abdominal pain so went along to my gp she did another smear and also seen some cysts which she thought could be nabothian cysts so she referred me to colposcopy in early June I got the results of my smear the day before my colposcopy appointment and they were HGSIL so had my colposcopy and had the results in less than 2 weeks I have cin3 but they are not sending me for lletz until the 16th of August which my gp thinks is also a bit of a long wait just wondering if anyone else had to wait this long for lletz with cin3 any of your advice I would appreciate as I feel very alone in all of this xx I have today also received a letter to go for a pelvic ultrasound i know my gp is just covering all the bases but cant help be a little worried anyways thanks for taking the time to read all of this xxx

Anyone any advice? 

Hi Jeanie 

nice guidelines say that 90% of patients with high grade are to be seen for colposcopy within 2 weeks of receiving their diagnosis from screening letter. if any further treatment is needed for anything more sinister identiifed at this point, treatment is to be commenced no more than 62 or 63 ish days after initial screen result letter.i would assume because your lletz wasn’t done at colposcopy that this should fall within the 62 day treatment? But I don’t know for sure.  so if you havent got appointments in those windows you should be chasing them up for a priority appointment. 

call your clinic for info as sometimes it’s booked but letter not yet gone out. 

I just had a lletz today at colposcopy visit to Treat CIN3 and hoping now for results to be slow! only beacause they told me the prioritise servere cases being informed and those who are not a risk or contacted with more delay. They did say however that I can call after 2 weeks of not hearing as should have results regardless and may not have got round to sending a letter

good luck and chase up where you can xx

Hi minniejet and thanks so much for the reply it will be 8 weeks from the date I received my biopsy results to when I get my lletz treatment for cin3 even my gp thinks this is a bit long so I am defo going to give them a call and see why it is taking so long thank you so much and hope you are well xx