I posted on here last week about being nervous for the LLETZ procedure as I got a letter back stating I had CIN found in my recent biopsy from the colposcopy that I had done and that I would need treatment and in the letter was a leaflet about the procedure. The letter also did not state which level of CIN I had so I was already nervous.
I attended my appointment today for what I thought I was receiving the LLETZ procedure but the doctor told me she would like a chat with me first and she asked if I wanted to ask any questions first and I asked which level of CIN I had and she said 2. She carried on by telling me the risks of the procedure that I was maybe getting but she then told me about a watch and wait approach? She told me due to my age of me being so young and I have no kids and don’t smoke she would recommend me to come back for a colposcopy in 6 months time followed by a smear to see if the cells got better on their own. She told me by getting the biopsy done a few weeks ago that might trigger my body to try and fix it on its own. I was confused and asked if my cells could get any worse in the 6 months and she told me no they can’t and if I go back and the cells haven’t got better then I will have to get the treatment to have them removed. I am just a bit anxious and I am wondering if anyone else has took this approach and they did in fact clear on their own?
My head is a bit all over the place now as I’m not sure if I should have just got it done today but if she’s told me it can’t get worse I thought then going down this road can’t do any harm? (Don’t know if I’m convinced that it can’t get worse in 6 months time though!)
I am a bit annoyed that I was told I did need treatment yet there was another option! I really was worked up and I’m unsure why they couldn’t get my doctor to explain this rather than travelling all the way to the hospital as my hospital isn’t that close to me. Anyway, the appointment is over with and I will just have to wait and see.
Any info would be appreciated