Any watch and wait success stories?

Hi

I recieved results from my second colposcopy today and it remains the same as before: small area of CIN2 and "high risk HPV" 

The letter says to come back again in 6 months for another colposcopy or if i would like treatment to contact them. Im 25 years old.

On the one hand if it will go away on its own then that's great, but the not knowing is causing some anxiety. And also i find the colposcopy really really traumatic. So im leaning towards just getting it treated and done with, but then i dont want to risk doing any potentially unnecessary damage by having lletz when it could go away by itself.

Anyone had any positive outcomes of watching and waiting or has it jusy delayed the inevitable?

Hi :) I'm currently watching and waiting for CIN2 also, I have my 6 month check up on Tuesday. Shall let you know how I get on. I'm really hoping it has regressed as I'm really not keen on having lletz. I've already decided to give my body 2 years and if it doesn't clear or progresses then I'll have treatment.

Hi thanks for replying :) actually really good idea to give a max amount of time before opting for treatment. I might consider waiting until the next one and if theres no change I'll go for the treatment.

Good luck with the results i hope it has regressed! Do let us know how you get on xx

Shall do :) I've read a few studies saying that if you are under 30 you have a 60% chance of clearing CIN2 in 2 years. xx

Hi :) just been for my 6month follow up. They took a smear and put the solutions on and said there wasn't any areas that looked bad so didn't take biopsies so that's good. The only thing he said was that it looked a little inflamed. Just need to wait for smear results to see what happens next.

Hey there, I am on a watch and wait, I have minor changes which they want to leave alone. I have a smear due in 6 months, had the HPV virus at last smear 3 years ago, they are not sure if virus is still present but are not worried. If no virus is show at next smear I will be back same normal smears. It can be scary and it makes you feel horrible to think you caught a virus, but then after getting all the facts 4 out of 5 will have it at some point in their lives, its so common. Keep healthy eat well and excercise, this will all help to boost your immune system. Sending love and best wishes too all struggling. x

Hello, newbie here and I see some of these comments are a little older... I have just got a letter back from my biopsy's which when taken the lady who did it said 'I'm not concerned about these the area is tiny so we will do biopsy but no treatment' (my smear said moderate) but the biopsy came back at CIN2 I am healthy non smoker 27 and never getting bugs! So I'd say strong immune system. They've referred me for leep/letz but I don't want to go I want to let my body have a chance first. I don't see why I shouldn't. Seeing some positive feedback would be lovely. The stats seems quite positive for watch and wait approach and I think if the circumstance suit it should be applied more readily.