CIN 1, 2 & 3 test results

Hi

I posted on here a few days ago about being referred on the 2ww for a possible polyp (feeder vessel to a possible polyp detected on ultrasound). I just found my previous letters from gyno from 2021 and I’m really confused. I was originally referred to gyno because I was had bleeding after intercourse and the doctor said my Cervix looked ‘angry’. At the gyno appointment they took a biopsy and then I had a letter to say the results of the biopsy taken in the colposcopy clinic showed CIN 1, 2 &3 and that they will need removing with the LLETZ procedure. I went in a few weeks later and had the procedure and then received a letter saying that the results of my recent treatment had shown CIN 2 & 3 and to go back in 6 months for a smear. I went back and the test was negative and then I haven’t been tested since. I’m so confused now, I didn’t really know much about it all at the time and just went with what the doctor said about being negative after. Did the second letter mean that after the LLETZ I still had CIN 2 & 3 cells? Now I’m worried they could have missed the cells on the negative smears and I haven’t been back since so they could have progressed into cervical cancer in the polyp. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

I’ve literally just come from my lletz procedure and the way it was explained to me is that anything removed from the body is sent to the lab for analysis and that anything that comes back on the results would have been removed from the procedure itself. In short, if you did have CIN 2&3 removed as part of the lletz then there won’t be any left because it’s all been taken out with the procedure. Hope this helps!

That’s brilliant thank you :smiling_face: hope all went well with your procedure x

1 Like