Chemotherapy after surgery

Hi,
Has anyone had paclitaxel, carboplatin,avastin 6 cycles ? I’m due to have my first cycle in a few days and wanted to know if it’s worth wearing the cold cap and how anyone got on with this cocktail of drugs.

Thanks
Jenny

Hi Jenny
I have just messaged you about this on another thread. I would definitely think about joining the advanced forum where you will find lots of information and support on this.
Very happy to lend an ear or help in any way if I can.
Robin x

Hi,
Just an update after a local recurrence of cervical cancer after 30 years. Yes it reappeared 30 years later !! Came back in the same place, same cancer. I had my op , tumour had clear margin apart from one side touching my pubis bone and then 6 rounds of chemo. The recurrence was in 2021. I’ve had 3 scan since and all have come back clear. I have no other problems. My hair is growing back and I’m living life. My. Blood tests and cancer markers are all good and I’m now going to have yearly scans.I thought that was it after a recurrence. Fortunately mine was a small local one. There is hope so don’t ever give up.

4 Likes

Hi Jen, I remember you posting back in 2021 and I can’t believe that’s nearly been 2 years. I’m so relieved to hear that you’re clear again! Thank you for updating us. It’s so good to hear positive stories! X