Avastin ?

Hi
I’ve started a new thread as didn’t want to keep posting on Greenie’s question

Jayne are you in America as a couple of the nurses at chemo had told me because I’m palliative I’ll be going back every 3 weeks for the avastin but when I quizzed the consultant last time he said that wasn’t right he can only give me the avastin along side the chemo maybe it’s different in the UK

Is there anyone in the UK that can shed light on wether or not this is the case ?

Erin good look on Tuesday’s cycle hope you don’t have the same side effects like last time

Onwards and upwards

Love Michelle xx

Hi Michelle I am in Australua and I'm not palliative. I have a clear PET scan and a 60% chance of recurrence therefore a 40% chance of cure. I've had 6 cycles of carboplatin and taxol on a weekly basis with every 4th off. I know it varies from place to place. I am also in the private system and have a port. I know the publuc system doesn't do ports often but it's fantastic. Can't wait to get it out though in March after last treament. If I have recurrence then I'm considered palliative but can access clinical trials for immunotherapy. I intend to be here for a long time yet. 

Hi jayne 

thanks for answering me our NHS is a bit behind everyone else in the uk 

love Austrailia me and my fella visited there in 1990 to 1991 tried to get to the barrier reef but got stuck at ROckhampton in the floods 

i am on my 1st recurrence and have already looked at alternative treatments abroad our life insurance has paid out and was considering using that for private treatment when I've exhausted all the oppertunities that's available on the NHS 

I even asked my consultant about the alternative to radiotherapy think it's called proton or photon therapy which I'm happy to invest in if he thinks it's worth it which he will discuss with me at great lengths after the chemo mix he has told me 

onwards and upwards 

love michelle xx 

Can I ask what stage of cancer did you have that you have a 60% that it will come back I have had 2b2 and got the all clear a few months ago I'm very scared incase it comes back I've got my second appointment to get check up on Monday thanks Leanne xxx hope all will be well for you 

Hi Leanne 

dont be panicking I was stage 2b with lymph node involvement I was diagnosed 5th of May 2015 had all the cisplatin radio  bracky last year and I have never been given the all clear as I'm sure you and a lot of ladies have

last years treatment only shrunk the tumors never actually killed it so it has now spread in my lymph node to near my diaphragm 

I know Jayne was the same not sure where or what stage she was but she has just been given the all clear 18 months later 

there are many ladies on here who's treatment worked and are still clear 

onwards and upwards 

love Michelle xx 

Hi Leeanne and Michelle I should have mentioned I am halfway through a year of 3 weekly avastin. I was Dx 1B2 in March 2015, underwent radiotherapy with cisplatin, scan Dec 2015  showed tumour had grown and more nodes infected. Therefore radio had not worked for me, I should mention that I have a really weird gastric type adenocarcinomA. Had radical  hysterectomy in January 2016 followed by 6 cycles chemo. Clear PET July 2016. I did have symptoms prior to post radiotherapy PET so I knew it hadn't worked even before I had the PET. No surprises there. My 60% chance of recurrence was after the clear PET post chemo Taxol/carboplatin. Michelle Do they offer immunotherapy in the UK? I don't see much talk about it. I also haven't heard about the photon stuff. I might risk a Google. Jayne

Forgot to mention was stage 3 something prior to hysterectomy. I actually feel great now. 

There was a woman on here several months back, based in Japan who had some kind of photon therapy. I think her name is Alicia but I will see if I can dig out her posts. Very interesting stuff!

Found her! :-) https://www.jostrust.org.uk/forum/cervical-cancer-%E2%80%93-treatment/photodynamic-therapy-scared-and-nervous

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli