Cgin

Hay 

I'm sorry if this all sounds confusing my heads in a real funny place 

last July I had my smear test done it come back saying slight abnormal changes n hpv positive so I went to the colposcopy clilc to be checked to find out I have cgin which really thrown me completely but I went back again have the lletz produce in January today I got a phone call to say that there our some pre cancerous still remaining and I have 3 options 1) one to leave it (which isn't a option to me) 2) I follow the same produce again 3) have a hysterectomy, the remaining cells our in my canal he said could prove difficult to fully remove! I'm 28 years old I have had my babies (I have 3) but it's scares the life out of me I lost so many of my family members to cancer scares me silly the thought of leaving my babies! The thought of going though the llepz produce again for it not to work I don't no if I could metalily again do I consider a hysterectomy? Also with the current situation with in cover-19 the hysterectomy wouldn't be for a few months Im so confused! 
Is anyone else going though silmar?  

Hey Megan,

Sorry that you find yourself here, but it's a good place to discuss and ask questions.

My story is similar to yours. In June 2019 I had an abnormal pap that after colposcopy came back as CIN 3, I was scheduled to have a LEEP (lletz) at the end of October 2019. When I had my results consultation they told me that not only was it CIN 3 but I also had AIS (the same as cgin) and that my options were to have 6 monthly colposcopies for the next 5 years with a hysterectomy at the end of it or to just go ahead with the hysterectomy.

I'm 31 and child free by choice so fertility preservation is not my priority. Seen as how the AIS has now been missed on 2 colposcopies and 2 Pap smears I'm worried that it'd just keep being missed due to skip leasions and have thus opted for a hysterectomy. I'm scheduled to have my surgery May 21st but with this covid stuff I'm not sure if that'll still be the case.

However they say the average time for pre cancerous cells to turn invasive is on average 5-10 years so a couple of months shouldn't make too much of a difference. I've already been on this whole journey for a year and prior to my pap in 2019 I hadn't had one since 2014 (I think!) so it really is slow growing and changing.

I hope that this gives you a bit of reassurance that hysterectomy is a viable option, and that waiting a little while for one isn't the end of the world. Research hysterectomy and recovery times, also what recovery looks like so that you can be as prepared as possible.