Re-occurring cgin and cin

Hi all,
Just looking for abit of advice. I had my first smear in 2014 at age 24 just after having my son. It came back as high grade CGIN and CIN3. I had the lletz and that came back with unclear margins.
Repeat lletz and that came back all clear.
Fast forward 12 months and 1 clear smear it has now come back. High grade CGIN and CIN3.
I have had the lletz repeated for a 3rd time and that again has come back with unclear margins.
I had a gyno appointment yesterday and they told me I don’t have enough cervix left to take so looking like my only option is a hysterectomy.
I am absolutely devistated!!
I had planned to have another baby, which they told me I still have time to do, if I have one right away. My biggest fear is these cells turning cancerous whilst I am pregnant.
I am only 26 and just feel at a complete loss of what to do. I am so lucky to have 1 healthy little boy I don’t want to put my health at risk for the chance to complete my family.

Thankyou for reading all advice welcome

hi there,

Im not the best person to give advice, but I am sure I have read somewhere about having a trachelectomy instead of a radical hysterectomy To preserve the ability to have a family. I think it involves removal of the cervix. Look into and ask your doctor about your options.

im sorry that you have been through what sounds like a nightmare. I am waiting for lletz results - 2 weeks down after receiving biopsy of cin1/2. It's a horrible time. 

Let us know how you get on 

Zoe 

8th June 16- moderate dysk

24th June 16- colposcopy and 2x punch biopsies taken.

13th July 16- biopsy results state cin1/2 

9th august 16- lletz procedure 

awaiting results 

Thankyou for your reply. That is something I will definatly look into. 

I hope you get some good news with your lletz results. The waiting to know is so hard 

xx

Hi Vicci:

Zoe's right - most doctors will do a trachy rather than a hysterectomy, especially when you are so young and you are only presenting with CGIN and CIN at the moment.

That would allow them to remove the pesky cervix while preserving your uterus so that you could go ahead with baby 2. Ask your doctors how they would manage your pregnancy - I think there are more prenatal visits etc - to be sure.

love t x

I've had a trachelectomy, definitely sounds like an option. You will need a stitch (cerclage to hold pregnancy in) but there are lots of success stories. They often don't mention a trach if you already have children. You sometimes need to be proactive about this stuff. Any questions fire away xxx

Thankyou, that makes me feel alot better about everything. I did mention I would like another child but my consultant never told me about having a trachelectomy she only mentioned remove the uterus completely. 

Will definaltly bring it up at my next appointment. 

Xxxx