Cervical Erosion? Smear results back, need answers!

Hi all, So at my recent colp mild abnormality is still there (CIN1) but cervial erosion was found, very inflammed area due to cells of the womb creeping into cervix, i was offered heat treatment to remove these cells- i want to go ahead with the treatment but just want to hear from any ladies who may have experienced this problem and just be there to talk to so i can understand it all a little more clearly. Thank you for your time to read this :) Ellie xx

I have had a cervical erosion for years.  It is not harmful in any way and does not cause CIN or cervical cancer.    

However if they are offering to treat your cells and the treatment takes the erosion then that's good.    Otherwise most docotrs don't touch the erosion as it is totally normal and very common especially among women who have had children. 

I have had a cervical erosion for years.  It is not harmful in any way and does not cause CIN or cervical cancer.    

However if they are offering to treat your cells and the treatment takes the erosion then that's good.    Otherwise most docotrs don't touch the erosion as it is totally normal and very common especially among women who have had children. 

I think its because of the symptoms its causing me that the colp nurse offered me treatment, i havent had kids yet, just turned 20 haha. She mentioned about it being caused by too much oestrogen, and im currently on the patch :confused: bad move ellie, has any one had this treatment what actually happens?

hi- I was also on the patch pill and had to go for a colposcopy for symptoms of CC when they found it was erosion and treated it with the some called cold cogulation which is actually a Heat treatmen. To be honest I didn't find it too bad yes it was uncomfortable but the pain was manageable. Hope this helps!!

Hi, yes that helps thank you!
Did you come off the patch and change contraception? All these false hormones are doing my head in, just hate all the side effects of contraception! Is it normally done at the hospital or your gp?
Xx

I came off the patch and was put on the combined oral pill. I had the procedure done at the same time as my colposcopy. after I had about 3/4 weeks of bleeding and discharge but fingers crossed everything is fine now!! X

Ah, i was on the pill then swapped to the patch so i guess ill have to change to another option which i really dont want to :confused: oh wow, that really is a long time! Hope all is well now and your feeling better! X

Thankfully everything is all good now and although it wasn't plesant I'm so glad I had the procedure done- good luck and let us know how you get on xx

I recently had my smear results back with the result ‘normal’ but when having the smear done the gyn said she could still see the abnormality (CIN1) so very confused as to why my smear has come back clear, also i am to have another smear in 6 months time …

Has this happened to anyone else? Only 20 and seem to be having soo many smears but the answers are confusing me!

Any replies would be really appreciated!

Ellie xx

Hi, I'm currently ttc., I had a 9day  bleed a few weeks ago it stopped the day before af was due but  I'm now 10 days over duel! 

I whent to gp who booked me in for swaps.

At the swaps the gyne said I had a cervical erosion!  

Will having sex aggregate it and make the erosion bleed ?

Could I be already pregnant?  

So confused xx

Hi, I'm currently ttc., I had a 9day  bleed a few weeks ago it stopped the day before af was due but  I'm now 10 days over duel! 

I whent to gp who booked me in for swaps.

At the swaps the gyne said I had a cervical erosion!  

Will having sex aggregate it and make the erosion bleed ?

Could I be already pregnant?  

So confused xx