Cervical cancer . Scared

Hi I’m secora.
Just been diagnosed with cervical cancer.
It’s stage 2b.
The cancer hospital I will be attending said they want a pap scan is it.?
I said to them I have an mri Saturday. Will that be it.?
Then just had a call from the other hospital.and they said you will only have that if mri doesn’t show up much.
Am scared and worried as it is. But this is making my mind work over time.
I have no family or friends to talk to and my partner is never very nice to me anyway.
And can’t really speak to my children .

Hi Secora

Sorry you had to find this site but welcome.

I am stage 2 on the vaginal vault and was diagnosed on 7 Dec. I start my treatment on 6 Feb which will be radiotherapy and chemotherapy, which seems to be the usual treatment for stage 2 from what I can gather.

There are lots of lovely ladies on here who will offer you support through this rather stressful time. I am sure they will be along shortly to give you just that.

I think the scan you are referring to is PET scan which the majority of us will have had. 

This is a wonderful site and you will get loads if information from it.

Take care. Sending you hugs.xx

Hi secora

welcone to Jo's we are all a wonderful bunch of ladies you do truly understand how you are feeling. 

Im a 2b girl as well. The scan is a PET scan and it is usually done shortly after the MRI. These scans will help confirm your stage and assist with the organization of your treatment.

I'm guessing since you know your stage that you have already had a physical exam done. You might also be sent for a chest xray. You will also have a scan done for your tattoo markers to be placed. It does really seem overwhelming but once you are in treatment it will fly by. 

Ask away any questions you have! You are not in this alone! 

P.S. I hope your partner can step up and be there for you!

Hi.

Thank you so much.

Head feels like it is spinning. 

Aww that's ok getting so worried 

Yes they did biposy etc and swabs. Also had my chest x ray. 

Have my mri today.

Yes all I want to do is start this treatment now

You are very kind thank you xxx

Hi Fire.

Not long and you start then that's great stuff.

Let me know how it goes.

That's another thing I am worried about treatment and if it makes us sick etc.

Hate waiting.

Thank you for your kind words xxx

Hi Secora

How did you get on with your MRI. Hope it was ok for you.

Love and hugs.xx

Hi Secora :-)

Welcome to the forum! Sorry for your diagnosis but I was a 2b as well, completely cured five years ago, the treatment was not nearly as scary as it seems before you begin. Can I ask where you are based? UK or elsewhere?

What concerns me in particular is that you say you have no family or friends to speak to and that your partner is never very nice to you. This is not a good situation for anybody to be in let alone somebody who is about to undergo cancer treatment. However, having said that, it is very similar indeed to the situation I was in five years ago. I found tremendous support from hospital staff and patients and it would do you no harm at all to try to make some friends while you are there so that you develop a support network for when the treatment is completed. If you are in UK you can have access to Macmillan people who should be able to offer you all sorts of support.

Do please let us know how you get along.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Fire.

Left me with a headache.

They have now cancelled my appointment with cancer hospital. Have to have a pet scan.

I said you have already staged me. So what's problem!

Hate waiting 

Secora xx

Hi.

Thank you for your message. You are so very kind.

Ignore me trying to type this while crying.

Mri was Saturday. 

Now they have cancelled my appointment for cancer hospital I have to have a pet scan first..

Yes I have my 3 children..23..22.17.

He has been his usual self all morning. Trying to get convo from him is awful really hoped this may have brought him closer it hasn't.

He's now gone to shop and not bothered to ask do we need anything..

I am from Cardiff.

Yeap my life has just been going to work and coming home.

That's amazing you have been well for 5 years now. Big hugs.

Secora xx

Hi Secora

Yes I had a headache after mine too. Noisy machine.

I also had to have a PET scan after my MRI which is what most of the ladies on here have had too. 

Your emotions will be up and down on this journey that none of us want to take but the ladies on this forum will provide you with answers and support along the way.

Love and hugs.xx

I am so relieved to hear where you are based. Nice big city with lots going on and plenty of support available to you. It's not as though you are trapped out in the countryside miles from anywhere and dependent upon your husband to drive you to places. So get out there! I see that there is a Maggie's centre at Singleton Hospital in Swansea and one is planned for Cardiff though not completed yet. Lots of places for support, help, advice, friendship.

Tivoli

Hi all.

Hope you all ok?

Had my first vist yesterday.

Wanted advise they said about trials first before I start chemo and radiotherapy. 

It will just be 6 weeks of chemo.  Then onto my 5 weeks of chemo and radiotherapy 

What do you all think has anyone done this.?

Love and hugs xxx 

If I were offered a trial I would take it.

Tivoli