Can someone help explain please?

Hi all, new here
I had a letter following my smear to say I had an abnormal result. Moderate dyskaryosis and would need to go for a colposcopy. Been for that, the Dr said there ‘were some changes’ took a biopsy and did a LETTZ procedure?

What on earth does all this mean? Google is bringing up words like CIN 2/3. Feeling totally lost :frowning:

After LETTZ had some cramping but woke up day after fine, but there seems to be a smell? Wouldn’t say I was bleeding just brown discharge, it is getting heavier as days go on. Sorry for rambling. Thank you

I wonder why they went ahead and did that? They need to discuss that option with you prior. Strange. Hope you have normal results! 

I had the lletz and biopsy done at my colposcopy two weeks ago without any prior chats. Currently waiting for results

I went into colposcopy expecting that to happen.  As that's what I thought did happen! Have actually put up a post a week or so ago asking why they sometimes do a lletz there and then and why they bring you back further down the line! 

8-9 years ago i had the same procedure carried out and it al lcame back clear. Please try and not worry xxx

Hi,

I had servere changes and within a week had LLETZ treatment straight away and its been 5weeks now waiting for results still.

the discharge stopped after 3 weeks it was a veriety of colours and heaviness etc.

i had sex at 4 weeks twice and now i think im infected as strong smell on NYD and small leaking again so off to the dr this evening! 

i would avoid everything for 6 weeks

results will probably be back by then

x

Sometimes loop procedures are unnecessary though, that's why it should be discussed. The biopsy should confirm things. For example, my results. I was told moderate and as she was doing the biopsy she said it did look like moderate as well and I would need the surgery most likely. I go in for my news (expecting the worst) and I had normal biopsy results. I wouldn't want my cervix butchered for no reason! Especially if you want kids. 

Thank you all :) 

Yeah the Dr seemed quite abrupt, i was a bit frightened tbh and she wasn't really that reassuring lol! Just reminded me that shes done about 10 of these today and its pretty normal and common. The nurse was lovely though. 

Had my legs in the air still when she said she was going to get rid of what was in there basically lol, I guess it's better than having to go back. 

The smell is driving me nuts, but don't have a temperature or feel unwell so I guess it's normal. And plus no one else can smell it. 

I do have 2 young children but possibly would like more... maybe. I wasn't aware til after about the whole premature birth risk?! 

Thank you again xxx

I wouldn't all it butchering your cervix...just because it's proven that lletz won't affect your fertility, I've been trying for a baby for 5 years so wanted to clear up that I asked very seriously before whether this would affect fertility and I was told not at all. Just don't want anyone to panic about this if they are trying :) I had my colposcopy today, got to wait 3-6 weeks for biopsy results but my cell changes were described as moderate so fingers crossed it's all good!

Just received my biopsy letter. Confirmed presence of pre cancerous cells CIN3 and no evidence of cancer. Follow up smear in 6 months. Hooray! 

Thank you all