Called for another smear?

Hi everyone, new here and hoping you guys have had a similar experience as getting a bit worried about this.

In Dec 2016 I had a smear that came back as having minor cell changes and was told to have a repeat in 6 months. The repeat I had (Aug 2017) came back as normal, and the letter (to my memory) said I’d be returned to a 3 yearly recall. 

However I got home from holiday yesterday to find another smear invitation letter   I did find it a bit strange that I would be moved back to 3 yearly smears without one follow up to confirm the changes were infact gone, but I’m not sure if this is normal? Did I pick the other letter up wrong and it meant 6 months? 

Its 2am and I can’t sleep now for worrying - mind is running away with me here!

thanks everyone x

Oh bless you. I hope you're ok now and have managed to catch up on some sleep!

I'm sure that there has been some kind of admin mistake or perhaps your memory of what the letter said has got a bit mixed up. Is it possible that you have to have 6 monthly smears for 3 years? 

I'm certain that if there was anything sincere then they would call you or send you a letter about it.

If I were you I would go along for the smear and when you're there have a chat with the nurse. Or, just give the doctor a call and ask for them to clear up any confusion :) x