Brachytherapy advice

Hi I have just finished 5 weeks of Chemo and Radiotherapy and I am due to have Brachytherapy in hospital tomorrow and then again next week. I am quite nervous about it does anyone have any advice or tell me how they felt post treatment. I feel so tired at moment. x.

2 Likes

Hi Positive50 and welcome

May i ask whether you had a radical hysterectomy prior to your chemo-radio treatment. It makes a difference as to how the brachytherapy is done.

x

Your brachytherapy sounds like mine was 3 years ago. I had the 2 overnight hospital stays one week apart . Honestly it was no where near as bad as I thought it was gonna be I was beyond nervous, especially for the epidural. I think the hardest part for me was laying on my back for so long, I’m usually a side sleeper so my shoulders started to hurt. Other than that it went by pretty quick & they check on you often to make sure your comfortable. I was sleepy after each hospital stay & needed a day to rest it off, but I think it was because I was at a loud hospital & didn’t get much sleep through the night. The second round will be easier because you’ll know what to expect. Well wishes for you & your almost finished!

Hi Jazza no I haven’t had a hysterectomy. x