Borderline changes hpv positive and symptoms

Hi, I'm new here. Okay so I had my 4th child 10 months ago. From the first period I noticed bleeding inbetween the next one, I was bleeding during foreplay while pregnant, but I put it down to the pregnancy. I didn't think much of it. 

After a couple months of irregular bleeding between periods and after intercourse I started to worry. I went for a smear test 6 weeks ago and I just got  the result. It said  borderline changes and I tested positive  for hpv virus. I am awaiting a colospoy appointment. I know borderline means very little changes but I'm worried about these symptoms.  I already suffer anxiety, now I feel a right mess.. 

Anyone? :( 

Hi Charlene

I know one of the lovely ladies from the forum will be along soon to provide you with some support but in the meantime I just wanted to let you know that if you would like to speak to someone directly you can always call our helpline. The helpline can be really helpful by allowing you to talk things through with someone who understands. The helpline is run by trained volunteers who have either personal or professional experience of cervical cancer or cervical abnormalities. It is open every week day and the number is 0808 802 8000.

We also have an Ask the Expert service where you can submit a medical question and it will be answered by one of our medical experts - https://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/ask-expert

You can also find information about abnorml cervical screening results and treatment here on our webiste - https://www.jostrust.org.uk/about-cervical-cancer/cervical-screening-smear-test-and-abnormal-cells/abnormal-cervical-screening-results

Very best wishes

Fran 

Hi

sorry to hear about this. Have you been for your colposcopy? How did you get on?x 

Hi, yes I attended colposcopy and they had a good look.. they took 3 biopsy around the canal area. They didn't say anything to me other than do not  worry . She didn't tell me what she thinks is there if anything. It's been a week since my biopsy. X

Can someone tell me what hpv is is it a sti I’m so worried I feel sick what actually is it and how king have I had it x 

HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI). HPV is a different virus than HIVand HSV (herpes). There are many different types of HPV. 

You can get HPV by having vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has the virus. It is most commonly spread during vaginal or anal sex. HPV can be passed even when an infected person has no signs or symptoms.

Anyone who is sexually active can get HPV, even if you have had sex with only one person. You also can develop symptoms years after you have sex with someone who is infected. This makes it hard to know when you first became infected. Its very common