Borderline changes and high risk HPV

Hello, I have always attended my screenings and this is my
First one post baby (14 weeks) 'my smear has come back with borderline changes and the nurse who called me
Pre letter high risk HPV.
Next step is a colcoscopy feel so anxious really anxious anyone got any advice tips but unsure what the high risk HPV means.

Thank you

Hi Sweet,

I had the same, colposcopy was fine, I think we get ourselves more worked up than we need to be, depending on what they see will determine what they will do during your appointment, HPV is very common and most women have it without even knowing, the reason they refer for hpv is because some strains can increase the development of abnormal cells, if left untreated could develop into cc. obviously im no doctor but this is what I understood from my nurse. 

Try not to stress is isnt as bad as we think it will be. 

I hope your colp goes okay and always ask questions if you are unsure! Xx

Hi Bertie, try not to worry to much and I'm sorry you have to deal with this and a new baby, I had my results back a few month ago of a boarderline smear and high risk hpv. I had my colposcopy an the dr said its worse than the smear and I will need treatment, at the colposcopy he painted my cervix and had a look and took 2 biopsys. they didn't hurt if I'm honest I didn't realy feel anything, they take them when you cough and if you have just had a baby you can do that. I got a letter in the post saying I need a lletz but no biopsy results and that is to protect patient privacy incase anyone else opend your letter. I was told at lletz its cin3 I was scared but had my lletz and if you have to don't worry the injections are the worst part they feel just like A dentist injection, apparently they make your heart race due to the adrenalin in them but I asked for ones without so I was fine. I'm now waiting for the results and hoping they got it all and it wasn't anything worse. This site is absolutely fantastic, the ladies on here have kept me calm these past few months and are so supportive, in iv asked some pretty gross questions. Hpv is basically the human papilloma virus and high risk means it's one on the strains that can cause cervical cancer. I have the same don't worry that's what these smears are here to detect. It's a form of herpes virus and like a coldsaw once you have it you have it for the rest of your life, but you're immune system keeps it dormant but if not it flares up, the treatments are there to kick start the immune system to fight it back down. But this is just my story you may have cin1 and your body may fight it off in the next year without any treatment. Sorry for waffling on I just know how worried I was when I got my letter. X

Thank you so much for coming back to me I have been stressing so much all day but know it's not going to help.  It is assuring to read I just had a feeling this time something was going to come back I don't know why.  The nurse said they prioritise the colposcopy according to needs with the trust I am in which is fair enough but just want to get on with what happens.  Thank you.

It is hard waiting. when I had my boarderline smear it was 2 months before my colposcopy but when I got my cin3 it was 2 weeks, it's hard waiting but then if you need anything doing fast it's good they can see you quickly. X

Just got my letter through today for colposcopy very quick its due on 10th November 2016. About 3 weeks wait or so not sure if that's good or bad or if my head is just a shed!!?

I think that's about normal, my dr said if they suspect cancer it's a strict 2 week wait. so I'd say that's good they must not suspect anything untowards. X