Booking time off work for follow-up smear................

Hello!

I’m wondering if any of you lovely people can advise…

A few months ago, I had a colposcopy for removal of a cervical polyp.  Thank goodness everything came back clear, but I need to have a follow up smear in a few weeks…

I am going to be taking Diazepam before the smear, as I have always found them very difficult and painful; I took Diazepam before the colposcopy too, and that got me through it OK.  Fortunately the colposcopy procedure took place when I was on holiday from work (pre-arranged long before I even knew I needed a colposcopy!) so I didn’t need to book time off.

Anyway, the smear appointment is for a work day, and I am worried that the Diazepam might affect my ability to perform my work duties effectively (and even safely) if I return to work later in the day (my appointment is early in the morning).  In addition, I am taking Citalopram for general anxiety issues…..

…..I was going to ask only for the morning off work, but I am a bit bothered that the effects of the Diazepam might not have fully worn off.  I am also a bit concerned that the Citalopram and Diazepam together might make me feel even more groggy at work, and therefore I think it might be better to book a whole day off.  I really don’t want to give my employers the full details of the smear and medications, as it’s very sensitive and delicate to me, so I am wondering what I could say to convince my boss that I need a whole day off?   I rarely take time off for any reason, so my attendance and punctuality records are excellent, but managers / colleagues can still be a bit lacking in understanding.

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!

xx

Hi hun I would say to your employer you  need the day of for a personal matter and you don't want to go into details they do not need to know all the details on would wait till you know the date then say to them hope everything goes well for you xxx

Thnks Belfastgirl - sounds like a good plan!