Blood in urine

Hi has anyone else suffered from blood in the urine post treatment. I was diagnosed in 2010 so touch wood am six years clear. A recent MRI scan was clear and showed no signs of any cancer. My oncologist has referred me to a urologist now as this may be coming from the bladder area. She thinks it may be a possibility that after radical treatment of radiotherapy, chemo and brachytherapy this may be a result of this. Would be good to hear if anyone else has experienced the same.

Much love

Fran x

Hi Fran 

i have no experience with this but just wanted to send a virtual hug. 

Thank you  very much for your hug! Hope you are doing ok and fingers crossed for you x

Hi Fran :-)

My sister had this and she has never had any illness of any kind (and therefore no treatment either). It might be related to your treatment but equally it could have absolutely nothing at all to do with it. Do let us know what the urologist has to say :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi fran , although I haven't experienced this my sister has it and she gets treated for water infection?.just wondered and wanting to put your mind at rest.Fantastic that your recent scan is showing all clear that's brilliant news for you ..6 yrs it must be a wonderful feeling.Is it a lot of blood ?is it in your water or when you wipe yourself?I'm sure it's not much probably have got a bit of a water infection.Please keep jus posted when you get the outcome.Big Hug Lynne xx

Thanks Lynne. Yes it's actually in the urine and I would say at first it looks like a period. its quite a lot but then it eases off and after a few hours I'll go to the loo to check it out and there's nothing there. For instance it happended on Monday and nothing since then. Anyway hopefully will know everything by Tuesday and keeping everything crossed.

Love and hugs Fran xx

Hi Fran ....just checking again how old are you???sorry to ask but keep thinking of your blood in urine and I'm thinking I wonder if you went through the change before your treatment or is it the treatment has sent you into early menopause.At least darling your cancer free so it shouldn't keep you awake at night.I think scar tissue or water infection which I, ll take that over the other.Anyway luv fingers crossed for Tuesday. Big hug lynne xx

Thanks Lynne for your concern.  I'm 62 and yes I went through the change abiut ten years ago before I was diagnosed. I'm feeling nervous about tomorrow but am really trying to be positive.  I haven't lost any weight (not for want of trying!. I don't have any other symptoms but have been paranoid about looking up bladder cancer.  Trouble with internet is too much information! Anyway pray for me for good news and I will let you all know? Touch wood xx

Hello ladies well good news thank god.  Had ultra sound and cystoscopy this morning and all clear.  The bleeding is coming from the blood vessels as I had such radical treatment and this is a build up every now and then.  So if anyone else gets this at a later stage and mine is six years on now, please try not to worry.  I am so relieved I burst out crying and so did my mum!  I have an appointment with my oncologist in a few weeks so I'm sure that she will reassure me now as well. I'm pleased I had it done and I was very scared to have the cystoscopy but I can't believe how painless it was and I just had a local numbing gel.  The procedure was only about five minutes.  Anyway love and hugs to you all and stay strong and be well xx

Hi Fran 

yeah!!!!!! I'm so happy you got good news! Thank goodness it is not the monster. Now celebrate and and pee without a panic! ;)

Thank you Lollipop sorry don't know your name!! I'm keeping everything crossed for you as well. You're over the worst now after the treatment so stay positive and let me know. Hugs xx

Yay! Great news Fran!
I so love it when good news makes us burst into tears! Hug your mum for me please :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thanks Tivoli that's so sweet of you.  Positive thinking now.  Be well - love and hugs xx