Blister

Hello, I finished my brachytherapy on Friday. I've got a huge blister on my inner thigh. My clothes etc are catching it. 

Does anyone know if it's ok to pop it? That's what I'd do with one on my foot and it relieves us straight away. 

Many thanks ? 

I got a blister on my butt frow laying flat for so long during brachytherapy, it hurt but I popped mine so it would hurry up and dry out, and it did. Make sure to use some alcohol or something to disinfect the needle though, and even know it burned I disinfected the popped blister with it too. Just make sure to keep it clean and dry after. Mine went away shortly after popping it. The nurse told me not to pop it and just put cream on it, which I did for like 3 days, but the blister was still there and bugging me so I popped it lol. It went away shortly after that.hope you're doing ok and able to get some rest now that you're treatment is over, I hope it wasn't hard on you. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask

Ooo good to know you popped it and it was ok. 

I think it's from wear they secured the rods or something. Can't think of any other reason for it. I was laying still for 3 days but on my back. 

Good call re the alcohol. I'll get some tomorrow from the chemist as only have vodka in! And sterilise the needle and the popped bit after. 

Many thanks ? 

You're welcome, hope it heals quickly! Let me know how it turns out.

Hi,

Congrats on finishing treatment. I also had a problem with really sore damaged skin after all the treatment. My saviour was a pink coloured dressing called Polymem. It can be left on for days. It helps to dry out the blister and promotes healing of the skin under the dressing. They are not given out to quickly as they are very expensive. Also aloe gel (very high concentrate like 99.5%) is very good for burns. Hope it's feeling better soon.

x Maria

Thank you for that. I have a sore patch of skin elsewhere will try pure aloe. 

The blister, well I put germonlene on that night and went to bed. When I woke up it had gone flat overnight. Think either the cream did something or I burst it in the night in my sleep. Whichever it was it's now healing nicely ?