Bleeding 2 weeks after Colposcopy

Hi ladies,

This is my first post after lurking around for some time. I am a 36 year old female who recently had a Colposcopy done (10/05) and now for the last 4 days I have been having light bleeding. I just figured it was related to the Colp but after doing reading online I see that some women experience bleeding up to 7 days after a Colp. I never had any bleeding until about 10 days after and so I am left to wonder if it is normal. I have never had a history of spotting or having a light bleeding like this. I originally had a Pap that came back CIN 2 (one biopsy) and now I will be having the LEEP procedure done this Friday. I recently had blood work done (usually everything is within range) and found that I am anemic but that my vitamin levels were fine (B12/iron). My primary care doctor said he wanted to have me back in a month to test again and that we would go from there. He said that sometimes heavy periods can cause the anemia etc. I had not had a period in two months when they tested me so I really was doubting that to be the case. Normally my cycle comes every 28 days with the occasional 1 to 2 weeks late. That was the first time I had been so late and then now this time around I am almost three weeks late. I am definitely tired and lethargic all the time and fall asleep pretty much anytime I am still. I just assumed it was my blood sugar levels since I am hypoglycemic. Anyways, I can’t help but wonder if the anemia has come from possibly having cancer. Definitely ready for some answers. I have of course read that some women with cervical cancer bleed between periods or after sex which I have never experienced until now and so it just seems odd. This leads me to believe it is likely from the Colposcopy, any other ladies experience bleeding 2 weeks or later after their Colp?

Hi Grace, i had light spotting and brown stuff for about4 days after the colposcopy. i cant answer the other questions im afraid, i hope youve been able to get advice and support elsewhere. I had the tiniest bit of bleeding after sex (literally a pink mark in normal secretions) for a few years and went to the sexual health clinic and nothing was wrong.. about 3 years ago i had cin1 and this year it progressed to cin3 which was hopefully all removed by lletz 2 weeks ago xxx