Bladder problems

So im 4 weeks post radical hysterectomy. I’ve had quite a lot of numbness especially my groin and top of my legs where the lymph nodes were taken out. Gradually this is coming back. The problem is I have no feeling at all of when I need to wee. There is no difference when I go if its a lot or just a little I have no feeling.
Has anyone else had this problem and has it come back or is it something im just going to have to put up with.
Thanks

Hi Mrs-G

i had my radical hysterectomy back in Dec 15 and I'm only now starting to get feeling back when needing a wee!!

its 50/50 tho sometimes I feel it other times my bladder is really full and can't feel a thing!! Just remember to empty often otherwise you'll be at risk for infections!! My oncologist said it's normal and I may never get full feeling back...it's a small price to pay...and I have to say I'm used to it now!! Found it so frustrating to start with but you will get used to it!! Your only 4 weeks after your op so still a good chance the feeling will come back, bladders don't like being moved and can temporarily not work properly!! Give it a bit of time and mention it at your review app!! Hope your feeling ok and getting back on your feet otherwise. 

Take care xx

Hi again Mrs G. Have only just read this post. I too had bladder problems and no feeling as to when to wee. have not read anyone else with this problem. I was referred to urology, but basically told to do loads of pelvic floor exercises and wee regularly. Two years on it is a bit better but will never be the same. To be honest it doesn't affect me and I have got used to it. Just make sure to empty your bladder as fully as you can. Lean forward on the loo seat as that helps to void fully. Good luck. 

I'm going through this now, I'm 5 weeks post op radical hysterectomy and have had a catheter In for 5 weeks as haven't been able to fully empty. At the hosptial again  today trying to fully empty. Got down to 98mls still in bladder which is ok but they want me to try 3 times,   fingers crossed as think my bladder needs a break from the catheter. 

Hi taybrai 

Have you finally managed to get rid of the catheter? Such a worrying time which will make emptying your bladder worse. I still think when it first comes out you should be allowed to see how it goes for a week then scan your bladder. Mine improved so much over a week of not having it in.

Hi Mrs-G

i finally got my catheter removed today 7 weeks after op, I managed to empty 3 times at hospital but was a all day process,  so thinking it will take a week or so till it's fully back to normal. 

Hi Taybrai

Thats great news you must be so pleased,hopfully you feel a bit more back to normal now its out!

Good luck on the rest of your recovery

x