Biopsy

Hello from Kentucky, U.S. - I had my colposcopy/biopsy today. She said she could see high-grade lesions (confirming my pap test) so I would most likely for sure need LEEP (LLETZ). She said my results would be in within a week. How long has everyone else waited? Did you find out by calling the Doctor’s office, they call you, or via letter? I will call this Friday to see if they are in yet.

I was told that I have HGSIL and HPV+, but when I asked her the type of HPV she just said the high grade kind (I wanted to know the # - strain). I was told on the phone two weeks ago that I had high grade cell changes, positive HPV, but negative high grade HPV. Confusing to say the least. This waiting is hard and it is my first day…

No one? 

It is difficult to state a time frame for results, UK waiting times may be different to UK. I was told up to 6 weeks for my biopsy results and i kept chasing them via telephone. As my doctor referred me to gynae the results went back to my doctor and she got them up on screen. I later received results in a letter. I do believe that if there was anything to worry about then you would receive a phone call asking to go in to discuss results. Wishing you all the best x

I should have mine by next Monday, so only about a week. I was just curious if you get them via letter or phone call, but since you are in the U.K. and takes six weeks, I am sure the way you receive the results are different too. Do you see your regular doctor for smears or always gyno? We usually in the states only use the gyno, but I have seen the GP used....Gen. Practioner? 

Hi we are called in for smears every 3 years by our doctor. A letter comes in the post and we make an appt over the telephone for a nurse to carry out the smear test. The results usually come back within 1-2 weeks by post. If any abnormal changes are found then a referral is made to the hospital to gynaecology for treatment where a gynae doctor will carry out the treatment to remove bad cells for example. Once all clear, smears will resume every 3 years but in some cases every 6 months depending on the severity of changes x

Hi we are called in for smears every 3 years by our doctor. A letter comes in the post and we make an appt over the telephone for a nurse to carry out the smear test. The results usually come back within 1-2 weeks by post. If any abnormal changes are found then a referral is made go the hospital to gynecology for treatment where a gynae doctor will carry out the treatment to remove bad cells for example. Once all clear smears will resume every 3 years but in some cases every 6 months doenedibg