Biopsy test results

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but just wanted to see how everyone received their results.

I had my cervical biopsy taken 4 weeks ago as I had abnormal cells. Today the hospital called and said they had a cancellation tomorrow and the clinician wanted to have a chat.

The lady on the phone said it’s nothing to worry about but I assume as she is only making the appointment she cannot discuss the results with me. Just concerned that I’ve been called in. Not yet received my letter due to bank holiday.

Just wondering if anyone else had been called in and it wasn’t bad news? As I am now expecting the worst.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah, I hope your appointment has gone well today! I am still waiting for my results (3wks now) so I’m hoping to hear soon, so I’m not much help, but I do hope your results was okay and please let us know you got on x

1 Like

Hey Goo,

Awh I hope you get your results soon! So worrying waiting as it’s the unknown. Definitely chase them up if you don’t hear from them soon!

The Dr said my biopsy showed that I have low grade cinn 2 and gave me the option for either conservative management which would mean coming back in 6 months or the Lletz procedure.

I decided to have the Lletz procedure as I thought no doubt I’d end up having it in 6 months anyways, so just get it done with.

Once finished he said that he actually thinks it was high grade cinn 2/3 and he thinks I made the right decision to have the Lletz done today. He said he will send the removed tissue off to the lab to double check the sample then write to me with the results. If the results are fine then a follow up smear in 6 months time to ensure the HPV virus and abnormal cells are no longer present.

So again just a waiting game to make sure it all went well, so fingers crossed.

1 Like