Biopsy and treatment

Hi

I’m new here, stumbled on the forum while looking for information. I have had 3 smears (I’m 24) which came back as slight changes and was told nothing to worry about but to go for colposcopy anyway. I went and they did a biopsy (4wks ago ) though doctor said there was slight change in some cells he was not concerned and that would probably be the end and I would just have another smear as normal .
I phoned the hospital as hadn’t had results and was told nothing was in and that she the secretary would check if it hadn’t been put on the system yet.
She checked and said I would need loop treatment but then stated that the doctor would need to see it Monday and started saying something about CIN but I didn’t hear her say what grade and now I’m quite confused and worried as I thought it was nothing to worry about and she is saying there will be treatment needed. I’m hoping she’s wrong and will phone the hospital on Monday to ask to speak to a doctor to explain but until then I’ve got a w/e of worry :frowning:
If needing loop treatment do you recommend local or general anaesthetic and did you all go back to work next day?
Sorry for this long post !