Worried

Hi everyone I’m new to this and just looking for some answers and reassurance…I had a smear back on Nov which came back showing borderline cells and I also tested hpv positive! Went in for a colposcopy where they did a pinch biopsy and the results from that have come back with CIN2…on the letter it said that because there was a discrepancy between my results I.e my smear had said the cells were just borderline and the biopsy has said that the cells are CIN2 that my result now have to be discussed by MDT and the histopatholigist to decide which is the best way forward to treat me…now on the letter before I got to the bit were it said it has to be discussed it said I would be needling treatment for the cells in the form of loop diathermy! So I’m left feeling anxious and confused as to why they have to recur my results to find the best way to move forward with me if I’ve been told in the letter I will need a loop diathermy? Hope this makes sense to you all…would appreciate anyone’s thoughts on this…thanks for listening x

Hi Kaythomas72 

i hd a similar experience where my smear detected abnormalities (CIN 3) however they could not see anything on my colposcopy hence lots of confused faces from the nurse who advised they wamted to discuss in their next MDT....cue lots of worry for me and a wait of nearly 3 weeks! My biopsy also confirmed the presence of HPV

In in my experience I've found they usually want to be safer than sorry and will go by the recommendation of loop treatment. I had a phone call following the MDT to say the consultant wanted to see me the following day. As you can imagine I was petrified at the urgency. He felt the abnormalities were higher up my cervix on the glands and they then booked me in for surgery.

The treatment was done under anaesthetic but I was home the same day. 

If if it wasn't the consultant that did your colposcopy then they probably want to double check with them before giving you a definiate answer but if they do feel you should have treatment then easier said than done but try not to worry too much.i had my follow up colpsocopy yesterday 9 months after surgery and thankfully my cervix is healthy! 

Hope this helps a little x 

Thankyou for your reply Ibe onlynjust seem it..things have progressed for me I'm afraid and i was diagnosed on Thursday with cc...I'm just waiting for a MRI to check the stage and that it hasn't spread...I'm devastated as there was no sign of this coming whatsoever..I had a lletz after the mdt meeting and that turned up the cc diagnosis.. the waiting now is unbearable as I'm unable to have a MRI until 2 weeks after the lletz somit had time to heal..will keep you informed x