Awaiting tests, hospital this week.

Hi, I'm Lynn and I'm new here. I went to the gp a couple of weeks ago with symptoms such as frequency in urinating, lower abdominal and back pain, I also had pain a couple of times during sex and although I'm going through the menopause I has some irregular bleeding with a bit of spotting. I can feel full after food really easily and the bloating lasts for hours. My smear isn't due til February but the gp did an examination and took a swab as I had some discharge. I also have a polyp growing. his came back as thrush and I had antibiotics.  I also have a polyp growing on my cervix, I think she said a small one. 

I got my appointment for the hospital and its this Thursday. I'm trying not to worry as am sure there is some reason for it, but the persistent heaviness, or ache across my lower abdomen is really annoying. Can anybody say how long rasults take? I am in Scotland, under Greater Glasgow health board.

Thanks everyone x 

Hi Lynn

Im in Scotland too but over in Forth Valley,my lletz samples were sent non urgent as consultant felt the growths I had were not abnormal. My results came back in 8 days. I was told non urgent can take up to 3 weeks. The second time they were sent urgent and were back in a week. 

Good luck,thinking of you xxx

Welcome. It's so hard not to worry and that all I've been doing since my initial results. I now have a  app booked on 6th Sep to see the consultant for my results. I already know that something must be going on for me to see him. I've googled him and he's a gyne oncology surgeon. So no chance I'd be seeing him for good news! My results from LETZZ took around 2 weeks and urgent and I'm in Midland. Hope your results are ok, please keep us updated xx

Do you mind me asking if you had any symptoms halesd? Did you watch/could you see at colposcopy?

Hope your app is straightforward when you get there. Update us x