slightly Worried

Hi I'm new to all this so not sure if I'm posting in the right placeb but here goes.....I've been experiencing bleeding between periods and abdominal pains for a few months. I decided to go and see my gp who did an internal examination and found the cervix to be very red and seen a polyp too. She has urgently referred me to the gyne my appointment is a week on Friday. I know I shouldn't but can't help but Google. Should I be worried?

Any advice?

Hi Lauz,

Sorry you are going through this. It must be really worrying for you. There are lots of reasons why this could be happening but think it is pretty natural to jump to the worst possible conclusion with the help of google. I just wanted to send you a big hug x x

It's natural to be worried but it's great that you're getting it looked in to so you can get to the bottom of it. Stay off Google it's not your friend when it comes to gynae problems! There are many things that can cause those symptoms so no need to think the worst. Let us know how you get on xxx

Thank you both for your replies. Just hoping next Friday comes around quickly so I can stop worrying about it! I'll let you know how I get on :)

Well my appointment this Friday is coming round so fast and the closer it gets the more nervous I'm getting. Been feeling pretty rubbish these last few days too which isn't helping. Had lots of tummy pains and bloating today. Not nice :-(

Nearly there! Give yourself lots of jobs to do between now and then. Hope you feel better soon. Xx

Just to update, consultant seen the polyp but it's inside not on the neck of the cervix as she thought. So I'm having to wait for  an internal scan now, has smear test and some other swabs done while I was there too. Anyone had this scan before? How was it? Any advice? I'm really not looking forward to it :-(