Awaiting results , how did people receive them ?

Help, I’m new here. I had a colposcopy done just over 2 weeks ago now in which they took a biopsy and I’m just wondering how people received their results ? I had my smear done a couple of weeks before my 25th so it’s been around a month now Since I first found about about abnormatlies.

I tried contacting the hospital and they said they are unable to give them over the phone and I’d have to wait. I gave the lady my name and she said “oh yes I remember doing yours yestetoday “ so now I’m even more beside myself. Would they have rang me if it was anything serious or? I didn’t know how other people received their results.

thank you In advance 

Hello. I’m fairly new to the site too, and although I didn’t have colposcopy, I had a biopsy, together with CT and MRI scans. Within a week I had a call to go see Consultant. A lot quicker than I expected. 

I don’t think anybody gets them over the phone. 

Wishing you luck. Hang in there girl And let me know how it goes 

Jo xx

My first colposcopy and biopsy i never actually got my letter, I eventually rang about eight weeks after (it was around Christmas so I'd given them the benefit of the doubt!) And they said they had sent it but I hadn't got it... Luckily she was able to update me over the phone as I had my hospital number etc and then she re-sent my letter. 

For my follow-up six months later I got my letter about 5 and 1/2 weeks after my biopsy. Annoyingly it contained two letters - one with my results which had been dated around 3 weeks after my biopsy and one asking for a follow-up LLETZ to take place around 5 weeks later. 

I had my LLETZ just over a week ago, I'm going to wait til the two week mark to ring as my nurse said they should have the results by then.

It's very normal not to update over the phone, I think in my first instance they only had as it had been such a long time and they had actually issued my letter and I was concerned I wouldn't receive the letter the second time they sent. 

Hi nic_oles,

I get my pap smears yearly due to having an abnormal one in 2013 due to a polyp. My last one was in Nov 2017 and it was normal. Aug 8, I bled during intercourse which was unusual. I went to the GP on Aug 10 who insisted on doing a pap smear. Aug 15, my gp rang me saying HPV 18 was detected from my smear and she referred me to an obgyn asap. Aug 22, I went to see obgyn and did a colposcopy and took 3 biopsies. It was so uncomfortable and stung when he added the vinegar solution to identify the abnormal cells. A few minutes, he saw the area with the high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion, that's where he took the biopsies from. I was told the results would take a few days but he booked me in for a LLETZ surgery on Sept 5. I'm still very concerned about the biopsy results but my obgyn said it's NOT cancer. I was also surprised when he told me how common this was and I would be the 1022nd person he'd be performing the LLETZ on. He also asked if I had the vaccinations for HPV. Sadly, I missed out on it but apparently can still get them. It's called the Gardasil 9 but my mind is still filled with worry and I'm just looking forward to the surgery. I feel like I have googled every possible symptom and read every result on the internet related to cc and abnormal pap smears. It did not help my mental state and made myself sick with worry. I feel like any pain I get in my pelvic region was heightened by my anxiety. Maybe you can keep ringing the hospital and ask how long it will take. Waiting is always the worst part so I hope you get your results soon and I'll pray that yours will be treated asap. 

Hi

i got my results yesterday after waiting 4 weeks 1 day

i did ring last Wednesday and the receptionist couldn’t tell me anything over the phone just that they were on my consultants secretary desk due to be looked at and they post out 1st class

i assumed they’d come the following day or day after but they didn’t 

Rang up on the Tuesday again this week and luckily I got put through to the secretary and she told me results on the phone as well as me receiving the letter the next day 

They do say wait time in some areas is 4-6 weeks 

I got told 3-4 weeks wait, give it another 2 weeks and ring again x

Hi,

i think they would call you if it was anything serious and ask you to come in. 

after my high grade screening I was called by the hospital to come In for the colposcopy and they sent me a letter too.

after the colposcopy and biopsy which she said looked like cin1 but turned out to be cin3, I received a letter just under 2 weeks later. 

Id Imagine if it was any serious they’d call and have you in quickly to discuss with you.

i know it’s easier said than done (and I can’t really talk because I was terribly anxious) but try to keep yourself busy and  not to worry too much. Hope it all turns out okay x