Awaiting consultant appointment (children mentioned)

I hope no one feels ive been insensitive by posting in this group when i do not have confirmation of anything.

In the past 6 years ive had one lot of cin2 removed via LLETZ and two lots of cin3 removed via LLETZ. i had my latest 6 monthly check up a couple of days before Christmas. The hospital have called me today to ask me to come in for an appointment, awaiting the date on letter in the post. She could give me no detials over the phone understandably. 

My last smear was extremely painful which it never has been before and i bled which i also have never done before. The pain lasted for days and i was unable to even sit down too quickly as the pain radiated through me so much. My mind is stupidly now thinking overtime of what the appointment could be about. Im used to going backwards and forwards for colposcopies and follow up smears but was really hoping this would be the last one. My consultant mentioned last time that i have inusfficient cervix left to do another LLETZ on so if there was anything reoccuring again then i would likely need a hysterectomy.

Just wanted to get my thoughts down somewghere as im at home with my poorly 2 year old and no one to talk to until my partner comes home late tonight. Any words or thoughts would be greatly received.

x

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have had to go for repeated visits with CIN2/3. I guess they will have been monitoring you closely due to this. It is frustrating having to wait on appointments, I know how you feel.

Hopefully you get the letter asap and can get to your app and find out what they need to see you about. I think it is totally natural to worry but I hope that the appointment comes quickly and isn't bad news.

I am sorry I can't offer much more to say as I don't have much experience with CIN and LLETZ myself but hopefully someone else can come along and offer some more advice. 

Sending hugs x 

Thank you so much for your response. I'm sorry your journey has happened the way it is but seems as though you've recently received some good news x

I have received the consultant letter today, I'm only showing cin1 in my follow up smear whereas they removed cin3 last time. But as there is some low grade abnormalities and still HPV present (my body won't shift the virus for some reason), they want me in for another colposcopy and biopsy to check the cells more thoroughly. And to"discuss" options which I'm thinking means discussing the posibility of a hysterectomy as these cells seem to be recurring regardless of treatment. Will have to wait and see what he says I guess. 

Thank you for your reply.

Aw that is not so bad but I guess it is difficult if they have already done repeated LLETZ. Can't they offer a trach? I have read a bit about hpv but still don't understand how and whether it goes away. I asked my consultant about a test and she said it would just worry me to know..

When have they called you in to discuss?

x