Awaiting biopsy results after lletz

Hi.

I've only just joined because I am absolutely going out of my mind. 

I had my smear test last month and 2 weeks later I had an appointment for a colposcopy. I hadn't even recieved my smear test results, so had no idea what to expect.  Anyway found out from colposcopist that I tested positive for high risk hpv and high grade severe dyskaryosis.  Had no idea what it meant, but had the lletz procedure done and everything else was a blur. I have recieved a letter from them today saying that they found dense acetowhite areas which signify high grade disease. Im really not sure what to make of that?? 

Any advice is appreciated in advance.

Kim 

Oh gosh Kim, what an awfully worded letter!

If it was cancer I'm certain they would have telephoned you and asked you to come in for an appointment. The acetoehite solution is one of the liquids poured on your cervix before the clinician carried out your LLETZ.

We all have it as it highlights abnormal cell changes. When the abnormal cell changes are seen by the clinician, they make the decision whether they want to treat there and then. It must have been quite a shock for you having not had your smear, results by that point either. 

Did your letter say anything else? Did it say you have to come back for test of cure in 6 or 12 months? Or anything similar? 

Thank you so much for your response.

I think they could have worded the letter better for sure. Using the word disease has stressed me out entirely, as I'm sure that dyskaryosis isn't a disease. All they said is that they are awaiting histology results before any follow up will be made.

I'm hoping I do not have to wait too long.

Are you still awaiting biopsy results?? I'm guessing it can take quite a few weeks.

Take care and thank you for replying.

I agree with LemonLavender, that seems odd.

I think once my biopsy results are back I will contact the colposcopy clinic and question them about the word disease. Im hoping they are suggesting cin3 and nothing more. If that's the case they should probably avoid referring to it as 'disease' as it creates a lot of worry.

Cancer is the disease, not the dyskaryosis.

I don't know if this is helpful but technically dyskaryosis is classifiable as a disease in it's own right from a healthcare perspective. Sometimes stuff that's put in letters to patients isn't worded in the best way. 

If I was reading that is casenotes at work I'd be reading it as CIN.