Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS)

Hello,

Just came back from my colposcopy, not bad. I told myself it wouldn’t hurt, it would be fast and its just a procedure. Luckily it wasn’t bad, biopsy didn’t hurt and it was over quickly!

I asked my doctor if she would be able to tell if it has regressed, stayed the same or progressed. She mentioned to me that my PAP before the colposcopy showed ASCUS - Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance. She said that since that showed on my pap that I could consider that a regression.

I spoke to the nurse and repeated this and she said no its not a regression. She couldn’t explain it and the doctor was with another patient by that time.

I have no idea what this means, if anything.

Does anyone know anything about this? Would this be considered a regression or just the same?

Note: I had low grade mild CIN1 last years colposcopy.

Waiting for results of todays colposcopy.

Anyone have any insight?

I'm not a doctor, but i would say that since the biopsy is the diagnostic test, only the results of that will say if it is a regression or not.

I expect that the combination of your smear result and your doctor's visual assessment at colposcopy means that your doctor expects the biopsy results to show a regression. 

I think you will just have to wait for your biopsy results.

That makes alot of sense.  A diagnostic test versus an actual biopsy.  The biopsy would be a better view of the two.  Thanks for responding!

Just wanted to report back on my posts.  Colposcopy done, biopsy done.  Results back.  Last year I had CIN 1.  These most recent results were no evidence of CIN.  I can hardly believe it but I am thrilled.  Anything is possible so don't lose faith.  I am taking AHCC to rid the HPV virus.  I'll report back on that as well.