ASC-H and +HPV 16

My smear came back asc-h (atypical squamous cells - cannot exclude high grade lesion) and I am positive for HPV 16. It’s been 4 weeks since I found out, and still have 2 more long weeks of waiting until my colposcopy. Any one have these smear reaults? What was your outcome? I’m worried sick.

xoxo

Hello I also have HPV 16
Was treated with Lletz for CIN3 and CGIN last May
Had 6 months check and no abnormalities but still HPV positive I believe HPV 16 takes longer to clear than other HPV but it is still possible so I am hoping my next check will have cleared the HPV. Good luck

Thank you for sharing your experience. I feel like there’s not a lot of info on ASC-H. So would you assume since it found CIN3, you’ve had HPV 16 for years? I hope your next scan comes clear.

Hello I really don’t know how long I had it for but knowing is not going to help me so trying not to think the worst and hoping that my inmune system will be able to get rid of it soon. I always attended my smears only because of Covid last check was a bit late but all past smears were good, I am 43 so probably my inmune system is not as good as it was when I was 20. Probably that is why is taking longer to be negative.

1 Like

That’s true, it will not change the fact it’s there right now. I hope it clears up for you. When is your next checkup? I’m 34 years old, but haven’t had a pap in 6 years. They’ve all been normal previously. My husband and I are high school sweethearts, married for 12 years but known each other since 2003, the fact I have hpv blows my mind….and I’m just worried I’ve had it for years and the last 6 years something bad has been going on with my cells.

next check is end of May so really trying to eat healthy and taking vitamins and AHCC to see if next test is negative :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:. HPV can stay dormant in the body for many many years and come up probably when inmune system is low but is only a theory the reality is that scientists still a bit unsure about HPV and why some people have no issues and just get rid of the virus without problems and others end up with cell changes or worse. Hopefully they will figure it out soon :pray:.

2 Likes