Appointment with consultant after biopsy

Hi I recently had my first smear and it came back as low grade cell changes. But because of symptoms I've been having was referred for colposcopy. The gynocologist explained everything would probably be fine but once she started she looked concerned and took biopsys.it has been 2 weeks tomorrow since I had it taken and received a letter from the 1st December that I have been made an appointment to go back in to discuss the results. The appointment is for the 21st of this month and when I called the receptionist first said results take around 4 weeks and that the appointment made was the nearest available. I'm so worried I'm in constant pain and when I spoke with my gp she said sometimes the cells are deeper into the cervix or on the other side and just showing through on the outer cervix. I'm just so worried as to why the results came back so fast and why it couldn't wait until after Christmas. I dont really know what I'm asking I'm just terrified sorry xx

I think there's a few reasons they may want to see you and it's not necessarily worst case. I might for example be that the biopsy showed glandular cell changes (which are higher up the cervix). Might just mean you will need further treatment ie LLETZ or cone. I know it's really hard, but try & stay positive x

THis can be a number of things, I had same letter 2 weeks after my lletz/biopsy...Received appt on the Friday. My appt was for the following Thursday....mine was to tell me biopsy had cancer detected but it was microscopic and they confident it’s all gone....action plan is lletz repeated next week (6 weeks after first lletz once healing is done) biopsy’s again (then wait again!!!) just to be sure Im all clear...then colposcopy every 6 months for ten years then yearly after so they are keepin a massive eye on me, I think of it was bad news they would get u in almost instantly not keep you waiting so many weeks! Try and say positive, and keep busy with Xmas And family! (I put my tree up in November as I was convinced I had cc and Dec was going to be doom and gloom and I wanted to not spoil the tradition with the kids!)