After punch biopsy

Hi I had a borderline smear with hpv and got booked for a colposcopy last Thursday which I assumed was just routine I wasn’t really concerned as my smear was only borderline however the dr said she wanted to do biopsies is this normal for a borderline smear ? Should I be worried ? Also after the biopsies I felt a little tender but have had no bleeding and very little discharge however for the last few days I have to go for a pee more often and have had dioreaha (sorry tmi) is this normal ? 

I should say however I’ve had terrible lower back pain for about a year and more recently it has spread to my hip and radiates down my leg  ( dr said sciatic pain but it comes and goes and moves from one leg to the other )

thankyou for reading 

paula

Hi

yes biopsies is normal! They do it routinely with everyone 

My smear came back the same as yours with HPV and I still had two biopsies. It’s to see what level the abnormalities is 

You get 3 CINS 

If it comes back as CIN 1 they then tend to leave and keep an eye on it and see you in 6 months 

CIN 2 & 3 they will bring you back to remove that area where the abnormal cells are

The biopsies just give them a better answer as i was told the smears at times can’t be 100% correct 

good luck :)

Thank you have you had your results yet from the biopsy x

No not yet! it will be two weeks since I had it done this upcoming Tuesday and all I got told was it could take up to 4 weeks. 

The nurse didnt seem worried when she looked at my cervix but you just don’t know, I’ve still got a feeling it will come back as a CIN 2 or 3. 

I want to make an appointment with the nurse at my doctors when I get my results as I found my consultant at the hospital was quite stirn and I couldn’t ask her much :\ 

I’ve been reading up on if I do need treatment but I really do need to stay off google and stop searching things as it brings up the worst case scenarios! X

Yes same here I’d rather know all the possible outcomes but it’s scary when you get on google, I’ve spent the last week continuously reading and freaking myself out , I’m only expecting a worse outcome as the dr said she didn’t want to say anything uneil the biopsy results were back, so they come back any quicker if something more serious shows up or is it just a standard time frame regardless of the outcome .

paula x

i thought the worst when they took my biopsies too but I think it’s pretty normal in some areas just incase. My first biopsy’s came back showing inflammation and the second lot showed hpv but no abnormal cells. You’re in good hands and anything picked up will be treated promptly, but the waiting for results is such a hard time. I had really bad lower back pain too but it turned out the cervical inflammation, which can be caused by a million and one things, was causing it. Please try not to worry xx

Did you have any problems after the biopsy I haven’t got pain now but am peeing every ten minutes or so, so am wondering if I have an infection 

You probably have Urinary Tract Infection. Avoid intercourse with your partner until you heal. Drink lots of water. Urinate and shower often to get the infection out. Take multivitamins and eat well. Best wishes. 

Thankyou for the advice , I went to the doctors this morning anyway and I have got an infection so they’ve given two lots of antibiotics x